Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:18 PM

Re: Boris Johnson warns Russia US could strike Syria AGAIN

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Unlike you.....a one off plonker.
Thank you for your vote of confidence oh wise one!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Thank you for your vote of confidence oh wise one!
Credit where due.
you do try very hard..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Personally, I wish Boris would stop with the war cries and be a bit more diplomatic with his words. The USA rightly took measured steps to retaliate for the horrific chemical attack Assad committed against his own people. This was a warning to Assad and Putin that the world would never stand for such action by any country. The USA as the most powerful country in the world sent a warning to Putin that by backing Assad, he was as guilty.

What he does not need is our Foreign Sec. going ya boo to him publicly. Putin already holds Boris and his carefully tousled hair in contempt, Such goading of Putin from Boris does him or us any good.(Everyone knows what a rat is capable of when trapped in a corner!)

Best to shut up Boris and let the USA do the jawing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Personally, I wish Boris would stop with the war cries and be a bit more diplomatic with his words. The USA rightly took measured steps to retaliate for the horrific chemical attack Assad committed against his own people. This was a warning to Assad and Putin that the world would never stand for such action by any country. The USA as the most powerful country in the world sent a warning to Putin that by backing Assad, he was as guilty.

What he does not need is our Foreign Sec. going ya boo to him publicly. Putin already holds Boris and his carefully tousled hair in contempt, Such goading of Putin from Boris does him or us any good.(Everyone knows what a rat is capable of when trapped in a corner!)

Best to shut up Boris and let the USA do the jawing.
I agree. In this instance, Boris comes across as being a little shrimp shouting the odds from behind his big brother.

Of course, he went to the same school as Cameron. Perhaps that's how they educate them there.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2017, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It amuses me that there are so many ostensibly intelligent people in this country (if we stretch the term to include Boris) who labour under the misapprehension that we are still a major military power.

They, and all of us, must come to accept that we are not, and that the best thing we can do is to keep our noses well out of such things as this.

Yes, we are a member of NATO, and I understand that we have consequent responsibilities, but so are countries like Denmark, the Netherlands and even Germany. Do they go sticking their noses in here, there and everywhere?

No. Neither should we.
I do actually agree with you on this!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 08:13 AM

Hi

Boris is dangerous, he is making the UK look foolish.

He is picking a fight with Putin, not good for the UK.

He has suffered some serious setbacks this week.

First of all, his threat of even more serious sanctions on Russia has been well and truly kicked into touch by the G7.

Secondly his threats about Syria have been kicked into touch by the USA.

Thirdly his threats about the Ukraine have also been kicked into touch.

Boris should have been going to meet Putin in Russia, he cancelled the meeting.

Rex Tillerson, the USA Secretary of State is off to Moscow to meet Putin.

He has already said that the USA is not bothered about the Ukraine.

He will be doing some straight talking with Putin.

There is a deal to be struck with Putin about Syria.

Putin drops Assad, but gets it's warm water port.

Now that would be a winner for all concerned.

I sincerely hope that it happens.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 11:47 AM

I like what I'm reading here and agree with most of it ..
but ...

What I want to know is what becomes of a Syria without Assad?
I know the first thought to many will be ... Syria will become a better place.
But will it? How? Carving it up in piecemeal chunks with bonus prizes for all those who were against Assad?
No world leader, and I include Trump, seems to have a clear idea on how to move forward other than for deposing Assad.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
but ...

But will it? How? Carving it up in piecemeal chunks with bonus prizes for all those who were against Assad?
No world leader, and I include Trump, seems to have a clear idea on how to move forward other than for deposing Assad.

History will undoubtedly repeat itself, - did Dubbya & Bliar have any idea what was going to happen when they 'regime changed' Iraq???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
but ...

Hi

A very astute post.

Syria was a Secular Society, loads of Christians, Yazidis etc freely able to worship and lead their lives.

Only issue was, you didn't cross Assad.

The only outcome we are heading for if we follow Boris and others is another hardline Muslim State along the lines of Saudi.

No Christian Churches, no Shia Mosques, all women required to cover up, banned from driving etc etc.

There will be a small Russian Enclave, same as Kaliningrad.

The continued march of Radical Islam.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2017, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A very astute post.

Syria was a Secular Society, loads of Christians, Yazidis etc freely able to worship and lead their lives.

Only issue was, you didn't cross Assad.

The only outcome we are heading for if we follow Boris and others is another hardline Muslim State along the lines of Saudi.

No Christian Churches, no Shia Mosques, all women required to cover up, banned from driving etc etc.

There will be a small Russian Enclave, same as Kaliningrad.

The continued march of Radical Islam.
That's what I fear too we originally chose to support Assad bad man but at least we knew what he was capable of.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top