Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 07:07 PM

Re: House Sale & Move, 2nd attempt!

Bit of news on our house move; we'd given up hoping a 2-bed will come up because there's been sod-all for weeks and our buyer's getting nervous so we decided to look at the 3-bed houses despite the fact that we want to down-size.

We have a good, firm offer of £213,000 and now we have a house to view tomorrow about a mile away in quite a nice area.

Yes it is a 3-bed but it's about 35 years younger than his house, it has a conservatory which my wife's very keen on, it has a small garden and - an added bonus - it has a garage attached!

This house it is quite compact and it is end-of-terrace instead of semi like this one so we are hoping it'll be easier on the wallet keeping warm etc. although we will have to pay more Council Tax as this house is Band B and we are assuming that the house we are viewing tomorrow is C - bit of a worry there for my retirement next year.

Bit concerned that only 2 of 3 bedrooms have been shown in the photos and not the bathroom either.

It's at the top of what we can afford too so it has to be right as we won't have anything left over as the fees / costs will be more so we are a bit apprehensive. We have decided to make an offer despite the fact that it's been reduced already - must be some reason it's not sold! stevmk2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 02:20 PM

Good luck with the viewing, stevmk2.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 07:54 PM

Mixed feelings about the house we've been to see.

As I suspected, it's a rather small 3-bed house but that wasn't the main negative - for both of us.

This house has three adults, a cat plus something else living there.

The other thing's an entity, spirit, ghost or whatever you wish to call it and it's obvious to me that the lady of the house knows full well it's there because I saw her look in one direction where I felt something was there.

The "man of the house" gave me a peculiar smile - as if he knew me but I have never met him before.

He has a presence that I cannot explain but I felt uncomfortable and it's something to do with this other "thing".

I couldn't wait to get out of this house but my wife was in tears outside but she just didn't know why.

"There's something oppressively wrong in there" she said, so that's a write off.

The agent felt it too - we could tell she was glad to get out of this house too.

Got another one to see Saturday but we have a feeling this was a rental but being dressed as a family home to sell.

We will see. stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 07:56 PM

Good luck with future viewings, Steve ...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 08:29 PM

Spooky.......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Mixed feelings about the house we've been to see.

As I suspected, it's a rather small 3-bed house but that wasn't the main negative - for both of us.

This house has three adults, a cat plus something else living there.

The other thing's an entity, spirit, ghost or whatever you wish to call it and it's obvious to me that the lady of the house knows full well it's there because I saw her look in one direction where I felt something was there.

The "man of the house" gave me a peculiar smile - as if he knew me but I have never met him before.

He has a presence that I cannot explain but I felt uncomfortable and it's something to do with this other "thing".

I couldn't wait to get out of this house but my wife was in tears outside but she just didn't know why.

"There's something oppressively wrong in there" she said, so that's a write off.

The agent felt it too - we could tell she was glad to get out of this house too.

Got another one to see Saturday but we have a feeling this was a rental but being dressed as a family home to sell.

We will see. stevmk2

Give it a wide berth Steve. Listen to your instincts.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

30-10-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Give it a wide berth Steve. Listen to your instincts.
I do Mups.

Often I curse this "gift" that I have but something just wasn't right about that house.

Our present home on the other hand also has "something" living here with us but it's benign and everyone says it's a warm, welcoming house because that's exactly what it is!

The house seems to care about us - daft I know but that's how we feel!

Beginning to wonder why we are looking elsewhere now........stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I do Mups.

Often I curse this "gift" that I have but something just wasn't right about that house.

Our present home on the other hand also has "something" living here with us but it's benign and everyone says it's a warm, welcoming house because that's exactly what it is!

The house seems to care about us - daft I know but that's how we feel!

Beginning to wonder why we are looking elsewhere now........stevmk2

Sounds like maybe you ought to stay after all?
You could re-decorate and change things around, use different colours etc, so it looks a bit different, but you won't have the stress and expense of moving.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

30-10-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sounds like maybe you ought to stay after all?
You could re-decorate and change things around, use different colours etc, so it looks a bit different, but you won't have the stress and expense of moving.
Our initial reasons to move were as follows Mups: -

1. We have a heating system dependent on a 42-year-old Back Boiler and just 5 radiators.
(It's not just the boiler that needs replacing either!)

2. We have 2 bedrooms we do not need.

3. This house is 1926-built so no cavity walls.

4. The garden's getting too much for us, physically and financially, (expensive tree surgeons!).

5. Our income will drop when I retire next year yet costs will continue to increase, probably stretching our income to the limit.

Despite all of that, we love this house so leaving it, or just the thought of leaving is actually painful yet we know that this house is a family house so should really be the happy home of a family, not two people of our age with an increasing number of health problems that really should be in a more modern home.

That's the conformist bit out of the way so I'd just like to say we would love to stay here - truly - but we can't.

It'll get too much for us Mups, no matter how much we love it. stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

30-10-2015, 05:52 PM

Rather odd development.

Our neighbours across the road brought a load of pallets and I was helping off-load them and taking them around the back to the garden a little while ago and for some reason and Tim, (Tymoteusz!) asked me about our house sale.

I told him we had sold but couldn't find another home to suit us.

He asked that if our sale fell through we would let him know so I told him we couldn't accept any less for our house but he said he understood that but he could find buyers within his local community easily!

I said I'd let him know - d'you think that's for the best?

He's a good neighbour and they're a nice family group and we've known each other 5 years now. stevmk2

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top