Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 04:59 PM

Re: What has been your major achievement today or plan for tomorrow?

I have a number of achievements for today, made Pizza dough for lunch, mended my computer stool with a broken leg, checked my stores and placed my Waitrose order for Wednesday.

The main one, got quotations for my car insurance from various companies after the renewal notice arrived , telephoned my current insurer and got them to match the price paid my insurance...

I am now going to celebrate with something naughty that I am not allowed, a ginger sponge made in a few moments in the microwave with loads of freshly grated ginger in it and a tiny bit of golden syrup on top.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:00 PM

Carol, that is very exciting that you are getting a jumpstart on your plantings! I haven't lifted a finger in that direction and you have me itching to get busy.

I've traveled half-way across country where I am doing my mom's taxes today, sorting out her checking account, making a dispute on her Social Security retirement payment, picking out the exterior colors, and buying her a copier/printer to help with most of the former. My sister and her family are coming over for a late dinner, so I'm off to the store to get all the ingredients for something or the other. Perhaps sweet potato and spinach enchiladas, along with the usual black bean and corn? Not sure.

Ran six miles, though.

No great accomplishments just a long list of little ones .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 06:06 PM

Not anything major but I put the five Zeva Raspberry canes that were delivered recently into five pots of compost for now until l plant them, maybe with my existing other variety Raspberries.
I was going to put them in my greenhouse but decided to put them in my cold-frame instead.

Big mistake! I had left the glass panel l had removed off and when l went to replace it, l found the wind had blown it over and the glass was smashed!

I have had to put a clear thick piece of plastic across the frame for now.
Boo Hoo..... rotten, mean wind!!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 06:19 PM

Put up a new bathroom fan complete with new ducting, installed our new tumble dryer in the garage, achievements for tomorrow
Well I will have my lateral flow test to do, only have to do it twice a week now and not every day
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Another achievement ,is to start living downstairs and not in my bedroom!....

So far so good....oh, and to clean all of my inside windows.
My bedroom is downstairs, as is the bathroom & my computer room & the sun lounge. I spend a lot of time down here.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 08:19 PM

I have achieved ten and a half hours so far today without shooting pains in my lower back, but I expect no sympathy for self inflicted wounds.

I completed another chapter of the short story I have been posting elsewhere on the forum.
I also did whatever housework I could manage without having to bend.

Tomorrow I hope to have another pain free day, do some more writing, and housework, and possibly cook lunch.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Thinking about kidnapping one of the lonely souls on the common
just to have a cup of tea with.
I will even settle for the transvestite with the tourettez poodle.

We can talk about football and darts and maybe even combining both 'sports' and arming the rival spectators. Im adaptable and keen to learn.
Is the vaccine a fast track out of this

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 10:12 PM

I've achieved nothing nor have I achieved ease of mind trying to make a decision about my Freesat.

No signal for 3 days now. Zilch. No aerial to fall back on either. OMG, I feel SO alone with no-one on the screen talking to me. Snivel snivel

I was trying to decide whether to risk having an aerial fitted to a failing chimney, (so it could be blown off by the gales again dislodging bricks on it's way down) and then I could have Freeview.
Then I decided to try find someone (who wouldn't turn out to be a rip of merchant) to come and look at the dish on the chimney which would then give me Freesat back (but with signal problems with weather).

Once one starts researching something..... well you know how it is, going from one site to another, to another, to another......

So, I've achieved nothing as I can't make up my mind and do I really want some unknown person in my house anyway in these Covid days

And it's still dead, no colourful pictures in front of me, no-one talking to me... all say 'aaah'.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 10:44 PM

Pesta you could bury the aerial and dish - RIP (pieces rather than "peace") and get a smart TV which you could use to watch most of the channels as well as netflix and you tube if you fancy that. Depends on your internet signal as to whether that's an option. You wouldn't have all the freeview channels but you could maybe get an add on for that. The smart tellies aren't too dear these days and you can also use them for facebook and viewing pics from your phone etc.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

31-01-2021, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Pesta you could bury the aerial and dish - RIP (pieces rather than "peace") and get a smart TV which you could use to watch most of the channels as well as netflix and you tube if you fancy that. Depends on your internet signal as to whether that's an option. You wouldn't have all the freeview channels but you could maybe get an add on for that. The smart tellies aren't too dear these days and you can also use them for facebook and viewing pics from your phone etc.
Yes, I thought about that Annie, but I begrudge buying another TV when this one works fine. Actually it's really my daughter's. She asked if we could swap as mine was smaller and it would go better in their bedroom. It's not my thing, large TVs, and this is rather large for the room size. I've had for about 2+ years now and got used to it's size. It's one of those plasma ones, which means nothing in particular to me, except I believe they don't do them anymore.

Actually I found a website where it shows how to take get a picture using a paperclip, earring, piece of wire by shoving it in where the aerial lead goes.
I've been itching to have a go, but as it's plasma which I know nothing about, I feared it might blow up or give me a shock or even break the TV.

(I'm in ramble mode sorry )

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top