Join for free
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 09:30 AM

Re: No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Easy. We just say, "We've changed our minds. Goodbye."
Hi

The Hard option?

Well she had better get a move on with it then and actually do something instead of sitting there and not taking decisions.

The new Customs Computer system is up before a Select Committee after being red flagged by the National Audit Office for a danger of not being ready on time.

HMRC are asking for another 4 to 5000 Customs Officers to be employed from day one of leaving, even if the new system is ready.

Liam Fox has stated that we do not have enough Trade Negotiators to start talks on new deals.

His staff are so far behind at WTO Headquarters we cannot even start coding up the new system with all the Trade Deals we have as part of the EU.

Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary has only just announced the scoping report for the new Immigration System.

This will report back only six months before Brexit Day, so no chance of that system being ready on time.

There are over 30 Government Departments and NGOs which will have to be part of it and the systems do not currently talk to each other.

Border Control need a minimum of another 1000 staff at the Borders and Immigration have asked for another 2000 staff inside the UK.

The new fingerprint system for tracing Immigrants will have to be separate from the PNC where existing fingerprints are stored.

This is for our own Internal Security requirements.

A simple example of what needs to be done.

Food Exports to the EU and other Countries we have Trade Deals with as part of the EU.

They are Certified because we are part of the EU, the factory is certified annually.

Just leaving means that under WTO Rules, each shipment must be accompanied by a Certificate.

Locally we send 70 Chilled 40 ft Containers a day abroad.

Each one will require a Certificate.

Unprocessed meat will require a Vets Certificate for each Container.

Processed meat and Dairy will require a Certificate from an EHO with an Advanced HACCAP Certificate.

We simply do not have enough Vets and EHOs to do this.

I have my advanced HACCAP, it is due for renewal.

In order to maintain it I have to do 30 hours CPD, which is not cheap.

I want Brexit to work, I really do.

I most certainly do not want local Employers to suffer, so I have promised that if push comes to shove, I will sign the Certificates at cost price, expenses only.

That is my contribution to Brexit, which I think is reasonable.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 10:57 AM

Not going too well then??

I wonder how much all this is going to cost the UK!!

Brexit won't work.
What will happen is some fuzzy resolution that fools some and satisfies no one.

and you will have spent a shedload of money.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If they don't give Nigel a medal for getting us out there is no justice in the world. Without him we'd be stuck in that mess too.

Hmmmm - how about FFI and bar???
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
So, cognac loving Juncker has let the cat out of the bag with his vision of The United States of Europe.
With his usual arrogance, he waffled on as though the EU hadn't a care in the world..... no mention whatsoever of 35 to 45% of young people out of a job in Spain, Greece and Italy. That's a whole generation lost by the EU's crazy one size fits all Euro.
Regardless of the disquiet throughout Europe, he has only tunnel vision, demanded the following

All EU member states should be forced to admit migrants.

The Shenghen Agreement must be made mandatory in all member states.

All member states must accept the Euro as their currency, with a banking union and a single finance minister to oversee European economic policy. Run from Brussels of course.

A common EU defence policy (hey ho, EU Forces) again with centralised control from Brussels.

A curb on member state vetoes. (many states are running scared now they will no longer be able to hide behind the UK's veto. They will in future have no choice but to stand up for themselves instead of safely sucking up to the EU each time, knowing full well that with the UK's veto, they were on safe ground.

The whole EU to be run by a single powerful president, (sorry Tony, that ship has sailed).

What's the betting there was not much cheer to his news from the likes of Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic, Greece, Italy and elsewhere, overrun by the migrant situation?

He even made ME smile when he came out with his classic "The Wind is Back in Europe's Sails".

The man is an ass if he thinks that Brexit will be the end of people no longer wishing to be ruled by a Eurocracy that refuses to take the wishes of millions of people into consideration. Good luck to you all
As Nigel said yesterday = Thank God we are leaving!.
Unemployment is a national issue and nothing to do with the EU.
All the rest has to be approved by democratic means by all the 27 countries.
They are suggestions not plans.
Let's not get hypocritical..the UK refused to take any migrants too.
One reason for the defense is to control the flow and handling of migrants. So you are dissing what you are needing in order to prevent problems.
and Junker can be voted out of office in 2019.
The EU will become what the members agree to. I suggest you sort out your own country which is fast losing its democracy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Pot calling kettle black there it feels very much like eu needs to sort it's self out or do you really want to live in a huge United States of Europe, with your own army ? The financial manager being allowed to go into any Eu country and make them do what he says, and I'm sure there is more they haven't told you yet too.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:06 PM

Parliamentary sovereignty—the very thing that Brexiteers said they were voting for in leaving the E.U.—may be about to be vastly reduced by a cabal of right-wing Conservatives who say they are obeying the people’s will. Such power grabs, of course, are always done in the name of the people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:15 PM

It's a necessary step and can be righted at committee stage. If we don't do this we can't leave.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:25 PM

It's a necessary step and can be righted at committee stage. If we don't do this we can't leave.

Julie darlin' - it was NOT, repeat NOT a necessary step. That is just propoganda from the 'nasty party'. Yes, we'll now have have to make changes in committee stages either in Commons or Lords, but if the wicked witch had been sensible, it would not have necessary at all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:35 PM

Hi

Nice to see you back Flicker.

Glad to hear how much better things are in the EU.

How are the Labour Riots going in France now your new President is cutting Workers Rights?

Congratulations on getting your Unemployment down to 9.2% by the way, more than twice as much as here in the UK.

Mr Juncker is not happy with you, all this overspending you have.

Macron has pledged to cut public spending by 60 billion euros over five years by, among other things, reducing the number of civil servants by 120,000.

After Macron was elected, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker called on him to reduce public spending, saying the current level was not sustainable.

“We have a special problem with France. I am extremely Francophile, but the French spend too much money. And they spend it in the wrong places. This will not work over time,” Juncker said.

Paris has failed to meet the EU’s Stability and Growth Pact rules on deficit limits for the last 10 years.

Nice to know all is going well in Euroland.

Nearly forgot this last bit.

Macron's plans for nicking a large slice of our Banks and relocating them to Paris is not going to well is it?

Apparently you do not have the fibre optic systems large enough to accommodate the volume of trades and won't be able to install them ready for Brexit Day.

A bit of a muddle really.

Never mind, that nice Mrs Markel has got Frankfurt wired up so she will be having them and all the Tax they generate.

Bye for now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 01:45 PM

Pot calling kettle black there it feels very much like eu needs to sort it's self out or do you really want to live in a huge United States of Europe, with your own army ? The financial manager being allowed to go into any Eu country and make them do what he says, and I'm sure there is more they haven't told you yet too.
This is Junk's dream not reality.

Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top