Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 07:45 PM

Re: Broadband Suppliers

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I started this year with VM Broadband, plus VM telephone, plus VM TV.

I cabled all of the TV to all the rooms & bedrooms round the house.

Then, In the Early summer I decided to get into a better negotiating position, with VM, without running the risk of being completely shut down if I felt I had to threaten to leave.

So what I did next was to put a Freeview Aerial in the loft and I coupled that in to the cabling to all the bedrooms etc.

Works fine and gives options for those who want to watch different programs in whatever room they are in. I think Freeview gives me well over a hundred channels. Note that most of those Freeview channels are exactly the same as what VM pumps in.
We couldnt get much of a signal with normal aireal so we bought a Sat Dish and enough cable to go in 3 rooms + Manhatten box this gets us loads of stations plus usual one
s.
Did you negotiate a better deal then with VM?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Not tried yet, Eliza!

Waiting to the right moment.

i.e. not yet ready to lose the football channels.......

Once United are out of the running...we jump!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2017, 03:36 PM

I don't own a TV but I use SEE as my provider for gas, electricity, landline (which I rarely use) and broadband.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 10:26 AM

Zen.co.uk has the highest good reviews. From North Country
Lancs
I have been with them for 6 years and never had any
problems, unlike BT.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top