Join for free
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2017, 08:21 PM

Re: No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Pot calling kettle black there it feels very much like eu needs to sort it's self out or do you really want to live in a huge United States of Europe, with your own army ? The financial manager being allowed to go into any Eu country and make them do what he says, and I'm sure there is more they haven't told you yet too.
Oh dear, she's back!

My advice is not to pay any heed to her rantings, any more than you'd listen to Gina Miller or Saint Bob Geldof!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Pot calling kettle black there it feels very much like eu needs to sort it's self out or do you really want to live in a huge United States of Europe, with your own army ? The financial manager being allowed to go into any Eu country and make them do what he says, and I'm sure there is more they haven't told you yet too.
Agreed , Julie and Junker's ideals, are not Junker's ideals at all. All he has done is deliver the agenda that has been in the pipeline for a very long time. These things don't come about over night. There are higher levels than Junker, he is simply the messenger.
'President of Europe' which has been muted for long enough, has now been given the 'official mention'.
Some might say it's 'coming clean' from the diversions and underhanded manoeuvers that have continued for decades. Only Farage gave us the true insight into proceedings.
I also doubt much will happen until the German elections are over. EU may be blaming us for being slow, but they are also stalling whist waiting for the next Chancellor to be elected.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Agreed , Julie and Junker's ideals, are not Junker's ideals at all. All he has done is deliver the agenda that has been in the pipeline for a very long time. These things don't come about over night. There are higher levels than Junker, he is simply the messenger.
'President of Europe' which has been muted for long enough, has now been given the 'official mention'.
Some might say it's 'coming clean' from the diversions and underhanded manoeuvers that have continued for decades. Only Farage gave us the true insight into proceedings.
I also doubt much will happen until the German elections are over. EU may be blaming us for being slow, but they are also stalling whist waiting for the next Chancellor to be elected.
I agree. Everything points to the EU (if it is allowed to continue along its present path) becoming a European equivalent of the USA.

That would result in 27, or more, previously independent nations becoming no more than states within one large nation.

Like the US, each 'state' would have some control of its own area, but would be subject to overall national laws and rulings, and each would be obliged to pay into a central 'bank' for the running of the entire United States of Europe.

I am sure that is what the Brussels bureaucrats have in mind, anyway.

This works for America, as the 50 states have never been completely independent. It is a new country and founded on the situation of states within a nation.

In my opinion, this will never work for Europe (unless things are forced upon people, as in Nazi Germany) as the individual nations have been independent, have been home to quite different cultures, and have made their own decisions for centuries.

What I find interesting is, how far will the EU go down this course before its member states begin to realise what is happening? Perhaps they will leave it too late and find that there is no escape!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Hi

The European Parliament has voted overwhelmingly today that insufficient progress has been made on Brexit to allow the start of talks on Trade.

Whilst they do not have the power to prevent the EU Leaders agreeing to do so, they have a veto on any deal which may be agreed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-10-2017, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The European Parliament has voted overwhelmingly today that insufficient progress has been made on Brexit to allow the start of talks on Trade.
Which, loosely translated, means that we haven't agreed to pay them their ransom demands, so they won't talk to us.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Whilst they do not have the power to prevent the EU Leaders agreeing to do so, they have a veto on any deal which may be agreed.
I'd be very happy for them to veto everything. They have, I believe, made it very clear that they are going to give us nothing. We should reciprocate and give them nothing. That's fair isn't it?

So let's just walk away and get on with damage limitation to the results of being a member of the EU and daring to decide to leave their little empire.

Hopefully, others will learn from our mistake in ever joining the EU.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Which, loosely translated, means that we haven't agreed to pay them their ransom demands, so they won't talk to us.

I'd be very happy for them to veto everything. They have, I believe, made it very clear that they are going to give us nothing. We should reciprocate and give them nothing. That's fair isn't it?

So let's just walk away and get on with damage limitation to the results of being a member of the EU and daring to decide to leave their little empire.

Hopefully, others will learn from our mistake in ever joining the EU.
What a brilliant idea, walk away and destroy the economy!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What a brilliant idea, walk away and destroy the economy!
So, your answer is?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 08:00 PM

Hi

It is my view that instead of pratting about and fighting amongst themselves our Government should gets it's head down and starts allocating money and resources to make sure we leave at minimum possible cost in the shortest possible time.

Business earns us money, it pays taxes and employs people.

We have 130,000 businesses which export to the EU and who will have to register with HMRC for the first time when we leave.

HMRC are miles behind on this and the paperwork these companies will need.

They are awaiting decisions from the Politicians.

I find this very wrong.

Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top