Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:49 AM

Re: Need to be told what to do

Our buses give all the usual messages like 'stay seated until the bus stops' etc, plus we are told which bus stop is coming next...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 07:44 AM

They make a announcements on escalators now telling you you're approaching the top? Bit scary really I mean you are on it for seconds where else would you be approaching?.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:22 AM

The worse thing is being told off by some trolly dolly if your seat belt is inadvertently unlocked for a few minutes while seated ( when the seat belt sign is not on)
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:31 AM

Our train station constantly advises us to "take care when using the stairs and hold the handrail" every 60 seconds or so. It drives me mad - but it's probably to cover themselves in case of any H & S accidents. We've become such a litigious society I guess they're just covering their backs. God forbid we should make our own decisions and common sense.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 09:08 AM

We don't get announcements on the Island Line trains........you wouldn't hear them for the noise and we're busy holding on for dear life and hoping the trains don't jump the rails!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 11:29 AM

What about the multi million pound signs on the motorway that tell you an estimated time about how long it is to the next junction.....I thought they were erected to deliver serious warnings about lane closures or accidents. Not to distract the motorist with irrelevant information. After a while you stop looking at them anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:18 PM

All this safety advice always makes me cringe, telling us what and what not to do but then when I look around and see some of the idiots we have in society, perhaps it is necessary.

For instance, you would think that the woman I saw the other day walking along with her little girl in the freezing cold, would know to dress her child in a coat. In hot sunny weather, you would think mothers would know to put a hat on their babies or shoes on their feet when they are running around Tesco's. I have lost count of the small children who pass my house to be followed by the parent a minute later whilst on the phone.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:28 PM

I used to get fed up with the "Mind the gap" recordings on Sydney trains until I read that 238 people fell down the gap between the train and the platform last year. Part of the problem is the number of station built on a bend in the track.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top