Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Want an NHS European Health Card? Just put Micky Mouse on application, Success!

Reading this morning just how easy it is to apply for and guarantee to get a NHS European Health Card.
Here as follows is what is happening:

It is appalling how easy it is to obtain a bogus European Health Card.

Our investigation today reveals anyone can fraudulently claim one and get free healthcare in a European hospital at the expense of the British taxpayers.

A Sun reporter was even able to order cards as Theresa May and Donald Trump. It is clear that the body responsible for dishing cards out, the NHS Business Authority, is not doing its job.

Taxpayers will rightly feel outraged that they have forked out around £200 million for this scam since the cards were introduced in 2006.

The thousands of Brits who have had their operations cancelled this month by cash-strapped hospitals, and those who have suffered from the worst A&E waiting lists on record, will be fuming.

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt must stamp out this gross misuse of funds.

In one instance, more than 20 cards were sent to the same address after bosses refused to carry out checks as it would stop them meeting "targets". This situation cannot continue.

The NHS was never meant to be the world's hospital. It is not the International Health Service.

Sort it out, Mr Hunt.

Unquote.

Well, there we have it in black and white from a disgusted whistleblower. So the next time the NHS pleads poverty and blames the elderly, remember the wholesale mismanagement in-house first. It's an absolute disgrace the way the NHS is being managed by morons!.
GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER. You will no doubt find the missing wasted billions of taxpayer pounds you are ever eager to blame on either the government for underfunding or we the elderly, for having the nerve to live longer.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:46 PM

Re: Want an NHS European Health Card? Just put Micky Mouse on application, Success!

Shocking isn't it, until they plug the gaps we can't just keep topping up the coffers.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Re: Want an NHS European Health Card? Just put Micky Mouse on application, Success!

Hi

I agree totally.

I have many Polish Friends, all of whom have EHIC Cards, they think we are mad.

Damian and Sabrina have been here over 10 years, both paid full Tax and NI and their kids were born here.

I have no objection to them getting NHS Care.

When their family members come over to visit, they all have their EHIC Cards, even though they show them, they are not charged.

Sheer madness on our part.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Reading this morning just how easy it is to apply for and guarantee to get a NHS European Health Card.
Only the thin end of the wedge, I'm sure.

There are so many things wrong with the governance of this country which should have been put right long ago, and yet they are still cropping up.

Many wonder, and I am one of them, how out of 300 million inhabitants in the US the best they could come up with to stand for President were Trump and Clinton!

But then, look at the standards of most of our own politicians, ranging from the dithering of Mrs May to the absolute danger of Compo Corbyn.

What is happening to the world?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Only the thin end of the wedge, I'm sure.

There are so many things wrong with the governance of this country which should have been put right long ago, and yet they are still cropping up.

Many wonder, and I am one of them, how out of 300 million inhabitants in the US the best they could come up with to stand for President were Trump and Clinton!

But then, look at the standards of most of our own politicians, ranging from the dithering of Mrs May to the absolute danger of Compo Corbyn.

What is happening to the world?
Hi

I agree with you JBR, which may come as a surprise to you.

Our Politicians are crap, and to be honest, some of our Senior Civil Servants are.

I spent 3 years of my life , every Friday, going down to Newbury, doing Coding Maps, for a system to prevent EU Criminals coming here.

When I suggested that we could do this by Video Conferencing, to save a mint, I was kicked into touch.

Every fortnight , on Eurostar and a night in a Hotel to meet the EU Counterparts In Brussels.

Another complete waste of taxpayers money.

I was entitled to £140 a day in expenses.

I never claimed it, so so wrong.

Too many on the Gravy Train.

Our Politicians are the worst, they claim for everything.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:00 PM

I know JBR, I really despair sometimes. If I am to spare myself the risk of a stroke I think I will have to take a leaf out of my brother's book... whenever I'm discussing the political disasters over the last two decades, he just says..."What are you going to do about it?" I can only answer "What CAN I do about it?" and he says "Exactly! Nothing! so why get so het up about it".

DOH!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-01-2018, 04:18 PM

I know JBR, I really despair sometimes. If I am to spare myself the risk of a stroke I think I will have to take a leaf out of my brother's book... whenever I'm discussing the political disasters over the last two decades, he just says..."What are you going to do about it?" I can only answer "What CAN I do about it?" and he says "Exactly! Nothing! so why get so het up about it".

DOH!
Hi

Doing nothing is not an option, shout it out big and loud.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 05:10 PM

DOH!
The only real power we ordinary people have is our vote.

Logically, you might think our troubles are over. If our elected MPs are failing to do what we want, we just elect somebody else, don't we?

Well, that might have worked in the past. Unfortunately, these days we seem to have very little choice.

I have always voted for the Conservatives (actually I once voted for UKIP), but I'm afraid they are letting us down now. So who should be vote for?

Limp Dems? Greenies? Monster Raving Loonies? Er, no I don't think so. Labour then?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top