Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:24 PM

Notice of Intended Prosecution.

Hi

I received a Notice of Intended Prosecution regarding an alleged collision in a Car Park.

This arrived a month after the alleged date.

Failure to report a collision, basically a hit and run, big fine and points on my licence.

I was in the car park, but an hour later than claimed.

I have front and rear parking sensors on my car, and certainly did not hit anything.

Luckily I have been able to prove that I was not there at the time alleged.

The case has now been dropped.

What annoys me is this, it was a try on, an Insurance Scam.

The Police are refusing to give me details of who made the complaint.

I find this, so, so, wrong.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:32 PM

Re: Notice of Intended Prosecution.

How did you prove the time you were in the car park
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:56 PM

I've heard of this before swim it's a popular scam around here. The insurance companies know so it puzzles me why they don't fight the claims more.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by noolsg ->
How did you prove the time you were in the car park
Hi

A recorded call to my landline, which proved that I was at home at the time of the alleged incident.

As this came from a Government Agency, my Ex Employers, they were somewhat stuffed.

It did however take some time for this info to be released.

The person responsible, is now in some trouble.

My car number plate is blocked, info can only be released by a Police Constable of the rank of Inspector or above.

ANPR Cameras come up with a Flag, refer.

This has caused riots for the person concerned.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:34 PM

Shouldn't laugh but they picked on the right person with you swim, I doubt anyone else would have that effect.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-01-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Shouldn't laugh but they picked on the right person with you swim, I doubt anyone else would have that effect.
Hi

I was lucky Julie, they did pick on the wrong one.

My concern is this,, there are many like me, dead genuine, if I had scraped another car whilst parking I would have admitted it, left a note on the windscreen.

I would have expected the same from anyone who would have done the same to my car.

I just find the entire system so wrong.

Some git has made a false claim, it is a Scam, they should be prosecuted for it.

My last conviction was 37 years ago, speeding, and I paid up.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:53 PM

I thought the police aren’t interested in anything that happens on private land, as it’s not classed as the highway?

I think they would only act if someone had been injured in the car park?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I thought the police aren’t interested in anything that happens on private land, as it’s not classed as the highway?
Hi

Public car parks are a public highway.

I live on a Private Road, 5 houses on it, because it is open access to the GPO etc, it is still classified as Public.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top