Join for free
Page 12 of 42 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No but i would expect any politician to understand that there will always be threats from a bunch idiots that don't like his policies. There would be no such thing as politicians if they all ran away from threats.... but they do get better security than most!
Why did he go and support Trump, if he was afraid? There is more chance of being shot there than in the UK!
Because the Americans thought more highly of his views than did many of the British.

We are fools to ourselves.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Because the Americans thought more highly of his views than did many of the British.

He managed to get a majority vote on Brexit, what more did he want ?
I admired his speeches to the EU, about Brexit... but how many will admire him in the States, when so many are trying to discredit Trump?
He should have finished the job here first!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:09 PM

You certainly are.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

I am not an idiot JBR.
Did I suggest that you are?

You should accept that we are all entitled to our opinions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-01-2018, 02:22 PM

He managed to get a majority vote on Brexit, what more did he want ?
I admired his speeches to the EU, about Brexit... but how many will admire him in the States, when so many are trying to discredit Trump?
He should have finished the job here first!
I agree, and I wish he had. However, he probably has the view that it is best to look after 'number one', and I suspect that is what he is doing.

Most of us would do the same.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:01 PM

No but i would expect any politician to understand that there will always be threats from a bunch idiots that don't like his policies. There would be no such thing as politicians if they all ran away from threats.... but they do get better security than most!
Why did he go and support Trump, if he was afraid? There is more chance of being shot there than in the UK!
I don't think anyone had as many as him twink, nor do they have to accept them alone, he had no establishment behind him.
We'll have to agree to differ if you are saying they all get them and have to accept that. Nigel wasn't a hardened politician I have a feeling if any of the parties had a strong leave message he would have left well alone, it was only we had no voice he felt he had to step forward.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-01-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
it was only we had no voice he felt he had to step forward.
Yes, and some of us are very grateful to him for that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 05:13 PM

Yes, and some of us are very grateful to him for that.
Indeed I'd like to see sir Nigel but I have a feeling the establishment won't allow it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Indeed I'd like to see sir Nigel but I have a feeling the establishment won't allow it.
You're right.

However, when you look at the sort of people who are 'elevated' to the peerage these days, I view such 'honours' as at least meaningless and quite often as 'dishonourable'.

Seriously, such awards are not worth the paper they're written on these days, apart from the obvious advantages of being a member of 'the best old people's home in the world'.

I, and I suspect most ordinary people, don't look up to many of those people.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 06:13 PM

Have to agree this time JBR

I think Nigel is probably better placed in his MEP position for the final countdown. His return to Leader of UKIP would not add anything now.

In fact the more I look at the UKIP line up, they all seem a bit odd, to put it mildly !

Page 12 of 42 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top