Join for free
Page 114 of 190 « First < 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:11 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think I might have added a bit more since you read it Mags...I'm so slow.....
It's just not good enough Bob, leaving us in the air like that wondering what happened
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think I might have added a bit more since you read it Mags...I'm so slow.....
Eek Bob! I wasn't expecting that ..... yuk!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 07:25 AM

For those in too much of a hurry to read OGF's post, permit me to summarize. First, OGF will be back fighting traffic lights on Monday to get an old filling that was refilled - refilled. Second we have discovered why OGF's dentist was run out of Italy. Third, we find out that Surfermom has been relegated to the same category as Big Macs and meatball sandwiches....sigh..... And fourth, the UN is conducting business out of the local Subway shop.

Now as for the dryer, I can attest first hand to the emotion one can have to a loyal and faithful appliance. The first dryer I owned was the first major purchase my husband and I made in 1985. Purchased for about 115 pounds, we suffered over spending so much money, but we made the leap. Although it had no fancy options, it did the job and moved with us from Florida, to, Texas to California, to Hawaii (where it sat on an glassed in porch becoming home to geckos and tree frogs), back to Florida, to Kansas, and to Florida again. It has served me well through ten dogs, raising twins, and even becoming home to a nest of starlings one cold winter. In the same time frame, I have owned several clothes washers, countless dishwashers (don't get me started), and eleven different homes. It is dented, rusted (thus the towel on top), and at times it screeches from either a belt or compressor problem that is persistent despite several repair attempts. Still, it keeps going. I have calculated that it has dried over 23,000 loads of laundry at about .53 pence per load! If it is possible to love an appliance, I love this one, and it's going to break may heart when she goes :
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 10:02 PM

Sorry Mags, didn't want to put you off your lunch but a picture paints a thousand words.....
Apologies also go to Surfermom, a comparison between you and Macdonalds was purely unintentional, although I have a fondness for both of you....

I've decided to try and make my filled tooth last until the beginning of December when I already have an appointment booked with my own dentist. After all, the Italian dentist gave it his best shot, I don't see what else he could do other than to extract the tooth, an option I don't think my dentist will consider.....He's certainly worked miracles in the past....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 02:47 AM

Good wishes on that tooth, and just in time for all the holiday treats!

No apologies ever necessary OGF; it's always meant and taken in good fun. Besides, I couldn't help but seize the opportunity for some good self-deprecating humor, both for me, and my beloved country....

All this talk of chewing and sandwiches is making me hungry...

Want one, OGF? I could always put it in a blender for you .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:22 AM

Thank you Surfermom, I would love a sandwich, although blending it will not be necessary......Out of the 32 teeth I was allocated as I grew up around twenty nine of them are still in reasonable working order. Although if Amalgam was valuable a very worthwhile sum could be obtained from the scrap value of said teeth.........Something to be considered if I ever hit on hard times......

I leave you with this thought:-

You can do anything if you have enthusiasm,
Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars.

Enthusiasm is the spark in your eye, the swing in your gait,
the grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of your will
and the energy to execute your ideas....

Enthusiasm is at the bottom of all progress!

Henry Ford 1863 - 1947
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
For those in too much of a hurry to read OGF's post, permit me to summarize. First, OGF will be back fighting traffic lights on Monday to get an old filling that was refilled - refilled. Second we have discovered why OGF's dentist was run out of Italy. Third, we find out that Surfermom has been relegated to the same category as Big Macs and meatball sandwiches....sigh..... And fourth, the UN is conducting business out of the local Subway shop.

Now as for the dryer, I can attest first hand to the emotion one can have to a loyal and faithful appliance. The first dryer I owned was the first major purchase my husband and I made in 1985. Purchased for about 115 pounds, we suffered over spending so much money, but we made the leap. Although it had no fancy options, it did the job and moved with us from Florida, to, Texas to California, to Hawaii (where it sat on an glassed in porch becoming home to geckos and tree frogs), back to Florida, to Kansas, and to Florida again. It has served me well through ten dogs, raising twins, and even becoming home to a nest of starlings one cold winter. In the same time frame, I have owned several clothes washers, countless dishwashers (don't get me started), and eleven different homes. It is dented, rusted (thus the towel on top), and at times it screeches from either a belt or compressor problem that is persistent despite several repair attempts. Still, it keeps going. I have calculated that it has dried over 23,000 loads of laundry at about .53 pence per load! If it is possible to love an appliance, I love this one, and it's going to break may heart when she goes :
Reminds me of the only fools and horses sketch about the beloved old broom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HisD_pqlRHQ
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-10-2017, 08:28 PM

What on earth do you do with these??????

I'm sorry the photo is a bit blurred but I'm trying out this new phone. Up until now I've been happy to use my old clamshell phone, it does all the basics and being a clamshell I can stick it in my rucksack when out on expeditions. This new one is all singing and dancing. It's a touch screen and it's taking some getting used to. I've tried using the Internet but even though the screen is three times bigger than my old phone I would need my strongest glasses to make any sense of it, so I've turned the application off. I'll mess with it for a while but my old clamshell might be returned to service any time soon.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

19-10-2017, 05:31 AM

Ah, the love/hate of new technology! You'll be adept in no time. The smart phones have some features you will really enjoy - with the camera being at or near the top of the list. We want selfies!

Aha! You have found the autumn motherload! Not only do these baking pumpkins make fantastic pies and soups, they can be roasted and then baked with a hearty stew inside.

My vegetarian children force me to make these on pain of death for the major family holiday dinners. Everyone gets their own individual pumpkin and even better, they do the dishes afterwards .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pumpkin Stew.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	4264

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-10-2017, 03:31 PM

I find myself at a loose end on this rainy cold Thursday, so I thought I'd catch up with the forum...

It hasn't been raining all day, but it was darker than usual when I left home at just gone seven this morning for my eight mile run. It was bordering on dangerous as I left the village, and I could only just see where I was going once my eyes got used to the darkness as I left the umbrella's of light cast by the ever diminishing lampposts.

I did however spot the black dustbin bags of rubbish that had been deposited on the side of the road and neatly dispersed every fifty yards for the next mile. Upon closer inspection I realised that they were bags of peat with a dead plant stem sticking out, Cannabis! The local factory must have had a new shipment delivered and to make room, had disposed of the now worn out plants. I have come across this many times while out running in the country, but never in this kind of quantity, business must be booming.....

I had intended to take a few pictures at various locations on my regular running route to give you some idea of the beautiful countryside that I escape to every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, but it was pouring with rain by the time I had showered and breakfasted, and with the rain and the rubbish it didn't look very beautiful at all this morning.......Perhaps another day.

Before anyone gets any ideas about my new smartphone, and thinking that Foxy has managed to figure it out.......I haven't....These were taken on my old faithful Nikon S220 which is so easy to understand and not half as fiddly as those touch screen abominations. Anyway, the run was crap thank you for asking, only the time was good, now I've got to get through the rest of the day feeling $hyte!...And my stiff neck's come back with a vengeance....

I kind of figured that you mature Mom's would know what to do with those 'Bad Boys' don't we come from a generation where we don't throw anything away?....I'm off to put a pan of 'Gruel' on now so I can use up this moldy bread.....

So today I'll leave you with this:-

Well, what is a relationship? It's about two people having tremendous weaknesses and vulnerabilities, like we all do, and one person being able to strengthen the other in their areas of vulnerability. And visa versa. You need each other. You complete each other, passion and romance aside.

Jane Fonda, b. 1937

But not if you're an Island......

OGF...b...1950...many more runs like today and I'll be able to fill in the other date...

Page 114 of 190 « First < 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top