Join for free
Page 74 of 190 « First < 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:49 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

I just had to tell you this before I set off for the cinema at Meadowhall [Lion, I'm not bothered about seeing it but was outvoted]......

Knocked another minute off my five mile course this morning making it the fastest this year. With no rain for the last twenty four hours the lane had dried up and I just went for it.......
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:13 PM

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:33 PM

Well done Bob, it sounds like you are well on the road to recovery!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:41 PM

Well done Bob, it's trying to snow here, could be on it's way!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:56 PM

Thanks Myrtle, Twink and Val....
Turns out it was a really good film after all and it was based on a true story with the real people appearing at the end....Take plenty of tissues if you decide to go and see it.

Hope that snow doesn't materialise Val, hope to do a short walk into Hull tomorrow and then on Saturday lunch at a garden centre near Hornsea.....Have you been? I'll wear my White Rose just in case.....
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 10:42 PM

I never go to the flicks Bob, I fall asleep when the lights go out. Must be some 40 years since I last went to the cinema!

It's still trying to snow here but not enough to settle. If its the Spring Garden Centre, yes I've been a few times, it's huge and a good cafe. They seem to sell everything these days so you could spend a few hours there.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-02-2017, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I never go to the flicks Bob, I fall asleep when the lights go out. Must be some 40 years since I last went to the cinema!

It's still trying to snow here but not enough to settle. If its the Spring Garden Centre, yes I've been a few times, it's huge and a good cafe. They seem to sell everything these days so you could spend a few hours there.
Yes Val, I believe that's the one. It was taken over by Brigg Garden Centre and has been undergoing some massive expansion. Their Christmas section was as good as Brigg this year.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-02-2017, 01:26 PM

A freezing cold Easterly wind embraced me as I set off for a six mile jog around the country roads of South Yorkshire this morning. I approached a bad bend in the road and noticed a large chunk of hedgerow and fence had disappeared and upon closer inspection saw tyre marks stretching two hundred yards into a ploughed field......Somebody had been going too fast to take the bend, fortunately I don't go that fast and managed to negotiate it without incident.

There was some rain blowing in the wind, but not enough to penetrate the thin fleece I decided to wear instead of a rain top. Despite the bad conditions I felt more comfortable this week and ended up knocking a couple of minutes off last weeks time. Only some minor discomfort at the start and again at the end, but it soon wore off once I rested. If the weather had been better I might have run the extended course of eight miles, but It probably did me a favour by being miserable so I will save it for later when the weather picks up.

My weight has gone from ten and a half stone to eleven and trousers are getting a bit tight, so it looks like I will have to eat less or do more in the future, so it is to this end that I might stick a three miler in on a Friday. That is unless I go off on a long walk. I'm getting itchy feet and can't wait until some decent weather so I can get out more.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2017, 05:16 AM

which bits are workin OK at the moment Bob? all of them or just a few of them - and take a tip from me Bob - the more women that keep encouraging you the worst it gets and only leads to an early grave. Have you ever wondered why Mrs Fox doesn't keep encouraging - it's only these doe eyed swannies on here who should know better. Probably got no one else in their lives to encourage.

Tip for the day Bob - beware of women at a loose end urging you on [Chinese proverb by Yu Di Soon]
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-02-2017, 11:30 AM

Thanks for looking in Gumbud, it's always nice to hear your comments although sometimes I can't make my mind up if you are concerned for my wellbeing or just extracting the Michael!
Anyway, on this rare occasion I have allowed Mrs Fox to read your comments and she agrees with you.......She would take sides with anyone but me.....Especially some humourous Aussie Bloke.

Ten years ago.......Nay, twenty years ago, It was possible for me to get down on the floor and rattle off an unlimited amount of pressups. So about a year ago, after managing about three decided it was time to give em' another go. I built up to twenty at one go but seem to be stuck at that, I can't seem to get beyond twenty. My usual routine is after my morning shower to do twenty [sometimes twenty one] go for a shave and then return for another fifteen. But I can still only manage twenty at one go. This morning though, after my second set I was feeling decidedly crap....perhaps I should just be content with the twenty.

About halfway through 'The Good Karma Hospital' last night was an advert featuring Bradley Wiggins.....Whom I have great respect for, but I was sad to see that he has made three bad decisions in his life.......
(1) Having all one arm filled with Tattoo's. What a mess, and such a bad example to the younger generation. I blame Robbie Williams and David Beckham for setting this trend. Some discrete tattoo can look quite effective, but to fill large surfaces of skin with unsightly ink is just madness. After a few years it's impossible to tell what it originally was anyway. I would suppose it's to demonstrate the rebel in you, or your free spirit to put two fingers up to the establishment, but it's quite the opposite.....It's just following fashion and trying to imitate some celebrity, who will, by the way, be able to afford to have them removed when they get tired of them.....

(2) He's grown a beard......And looks like Grizzly Adams.....Get yourself a shave man, or at least tidy it up......

(3) He's driving a Skoda........Nuff Said....He certainly has gone down in my estimation.

I was just perusing the forum the other day and found myself in May's profile.....Is that picture of you May? By jove, what a good looking woman you are, not at all what I thought you'd look like after reading some of your posts.....

Just to visit Gumbud's comment again, I don't necessarily write in 'Bob's Bit's' to attract the fairer sex, although I really appreciate all the ladies looking in. But I know there are a few secret runners on the forum, I say secret, because they rarely talk about their exploits. I know Spitty does a bit, and Mart likes his off road biking, and I do believe Realist gets out occasionally, but we don't seem to have much of a dedicated training section where we can discuss our up's and down's, or training schedules. I miss Floydy, although I couldn't understand much of what he did, I wish I could have bonded a bit more. So it would be interesting if some of you runners [or joggers] out there, male or female, put down a paragraph or two in 'Bob's Bit's' and we could exchange views, or just moan about how hard the last run was.....

Page 74 of 190 « First < 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top