Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 09:26 PM

Crispy, Tender Barbeque Chicken with a Sweet, Sticky Thick Glaze

Hi everyone, Picked up this recipe online and wow, did they come out lovely.
Apart from the oil and salt and pepper of course, there are only TWO ingredients - chicken and your favourite barbecue sauce, either homemade or shop bought, for guaranteed the most crispiest barbecue chicken with the thickest, sweetest, stickiest glaze ever, (you will definitely need a knife and fork or at least three whole pieces of double kitchen roll for this one LOL), and all done in the oven in just 46 minutes.
If you try it, I promise you won’t regret it. I am going to use this recipe every time in future.

INGREDIENTS (just halve the ingredients for two people, this recipe is for four people)

8 - 10 chicken drumsticks or thighs, bone-in and definitely with the skin left on.
A little olive oil to coat each drumstick (ok, I confess, I used vegetable oil)
Salt and Pepper to your taste
About 2 cups of your favourite Barbeque Sauce. (sorry, I have measuring cups)

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/180 Fan/Gas 6.
Cooking will be 25 minutes and then 3 x 7minutes. Total 46 minutes.

Coat each drumstick all over with the oil and season with salt and pepper.

Place onto a baking tray (skin side down) and cook for exactly 25 minutes.

When 25 minutes up, take out of the oven and coat the chicken with barbeque sauce, using a basting brush.
Carefully turn the chicken over, taking care not to rip the skin, baste this side also with the barbeque sauce.

Put back in the oven for exactly 7 minutes.
After 7 minutes take out from the oven and baste the top and sides again with the barbeque sauce.

Put back in the oven for a second time for exactly 7 minutes.
After the 2nd 7 minutes take out from the oven and baste top and sides again with the barbeque sauce.

(by this time the sauce is thickening)

Put back in the oven for the third and final time for exactly 7 minutes.
When you take them out, the chicken should be lovely and crispy with black bits here and there just as if they had been cooked on a barbeque with a delicious crispy skin and a sticky sweet glaze.

Enjoy xx

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Two-Ingredient-Crispy-Oven-Baked-BBQ-Chicken-4.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	3038  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:16 PM

Re: Crispy, Tender Barbeque Chicken with a Sweet, Sticky Thick Glaze

Mmmm... they look delicious
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:52 AM

Mmmmmm, they do. Except I am now worried about eating anything like this, after the last time........

Friends keep warning me off of takeaway food, chicken, anything that I usually enjoy! But what are the chances of it happening to me again, eh?

I would love to try that recipe. Maybe one day...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 10:00 AM

That's making my mouth water just reading it.

I made a similar thing a couple of weeks ago using a marinade of soy sauce mixed with Honey with lemon & ginger (you can buy honey with lemon & ginger). I have also used it with Quorn peppered steaks, thinly sliced and fried in olive oil until crispy and sticky.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top