Join for free
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 08:29 PM

Re: Bad news / good news

Hi Julie,

Hope all goes well for you - just seen this!
You take care gal.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:19 AM

Hello everyone I'm home, they wouldn't let me home until my blood pressure went down 240 / 120 had them a bit worried, but longer I was kept in higher it went, then I spotted my blood pressure pill was missing from my pot of pills in the morning, they'd forgotten to give it to me !

But good news I have to see my oncologist in next week or two but the surgeon doesn't think I'll need chemo so if he's right that's worth celebrating.

Christmas in hospital wasn't bad although the vegetarian option wasn't very festive.

I've come home with a raft of tablets apparently I was very low on vitamin d b c and iron, calcium and zinc. So I've got high doses of all of them. I'm also taking a protein supplement to help healing. A good rare steak the Australian nurse kept saying I needed but he couldn't seem to grasp the idea of not eating any meat at all.

Made me laugh watching the face of the man opposite me as my visitors arrived, Sally Army arrived first they were in children's ward singing carols so popped in to see me in their break, Muslims arrived next and we had a real laugh about some of the presents they had given each other for Christmas, then our polish daughter in law brought her family who were over for Christmas.

My big "sons" were popular with the nurses, and Grace was a favourite of the little lady at end of ward who didn't seem to have any visitors as she sat for ten minutes each time she visited with her.

But man across the ward was wide eyed with shock I think, it hadn't occured to him so many different people could get together. His wife was a hoot really funny and obviously just put up with him as she chatted with anyone but him when she visited.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Julie, glad to hear you are home and on the mend. You will now need some TLC, but I imagine that Mr Julie is seeing to your every need.
get well soon
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 10:54 AM

Husband has been back at work since Boxing Day poor thing. But I have my slaves
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 12:07 PM

Glad you got through it all OK.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 12:13 PM

Good to hear you are home and doing well Julie. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Good to hear your home Julie and your surgeon sounds quite positive about the results.

Get plenty of rest and keep taking your vitamins, so you can be back to normal sooner.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 12:21 PM

Hi Julie good to hear you are home and in good spirits.
I bet the doggies missed you...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hello everyone I'm home, they wouldn't let me home until my blood pressure went down 240 / 120 had them a bit worried, but longer I was kept in higher it went, then I spotted my blood pressure pill was missing from my pot of pills in the morning, they'd forgotten to give it to me !

But good news I have to see my oncologist in next week or two but the surgeon doesn't think I'll need chemo so if he's right that's worth celebrating.

Christmas in hospital wasn't bad although the vegetarian option wasn't very festive.

I've come home with a raft of tablets apparently I was very low on vitamin d b c and iron, calcium and zinc. So I've got high doses of all of them. I'm also taking a protein supplement to help healing. A good rare steak the Australian nurse kept saying I needed but he couldn't seem to grasp the idea of not eating any meat at all.

Made me laugh watching the face of the man opposite me as my visitors arrived, Sally Army arrived first they were in children's ward singing carols so popped in to see me in their break, Muslims arrived next and we had a real laugh about some of the presents they had given each other for Christmas, then our polish daughter in law brought her family who were over for Christmas.

My big "sons" were popular with the nurses, and Grace was a favourite of the little lady at end of ward who didn't seem to have any visitors as she sat for ten minutes each time she visited with her.

But man across the ward was wide eyed with shock I think, it hadn't occured to him so many different people could get together. His wife was a hoot really funny and obviously just put up with him as she chatted with anyone but him when she visited.

Oh wow Julie darlin', such good news!!!,-so glad you're on the mend again.

Happy new year to you all!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 01:14 PM

Great news to see you home! Ignore my question on the food and drink thread, asking this.

Hope you recover well. Sending hugs. X

Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top