Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2017, 07:03 PM

Re: Dogs feet in this heat!

Originally Posted by Cass ->
On Murphys FB page this morning reports that two dogs had lost their lives due to idiot owners. One was a 10 month old Melchese herder locked in a crate in the back of a car in Belgium the other was here in NL when granny decided it would be fun for her grandkids to take the dog to the park and throw the ball for him... It was 27c here yesterday and her dog was an overweight english bulldog.
Granny rang the animal ambulance saying her dog was having a fit , they came and realised the dog had overheated and with its short face there was no way to get the oxygen it needed despite all efforts the dog died..

Sadly there is no law against stupidity..
Some people are just not fit to own any pets!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Those cats were whinging about the heat - so I gave them a rub down with a cool wet towel. They enjoyed it at the time - but then complained it had ruffled their fur. I offered to shave their fur off ... they took off in the direction of my bedroom - haven't seen them since!
I came down this morning to find one of my cats fast asleep in the kitchen sink.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I came down this morning to find one of my cats fast asleep in the kitchen sink.
Cool cat! Very sensible.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:19 PM

It was so hot here yesterday even the pool wasnt cold anymore..

Murphy got the sulks when he found he had to share with OH!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0010.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	3189  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
It was so hot here yesterday even the pool wasnt cold anymore..

Murphy got the sulks when he found he had to share with OH!

Haha, Murphy looks happier than hubby though, Cass.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:59 PM

The temperature here today is 30c . I saw a wee dog shut in a car and I went into the nearby cafe and found the owner .
Shaking with rage I told her the dog was far too hot . She replied it had only been left for a few minutes . I told her to sit in the car for a few minutes to see how it felt . She almost ran back to the car !
The cafe had a lovely shaded area outside with places to tie dogs and lots of water dishes . I had just had coffee there with my 4 dogs .
Why are people so stupid ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
The temperature here today is 30c . I saw a wee dog shut in a car and I went into the nearby cafe and found the owner .
Shaking with rage I told her the dog was far too hot . She replied it had only been left for a few minutes . I told her to sit in the car for a few minutes to see how it felt . She almost ran back to the car !
The cafe had a lovely shaded area outside with places to tie dogs and lots of water dishes . I had just had coffee there with my 4 dogs .
Why are people so stupid ?

That goes beyond stupid Abbey.

Thank God you were there and dealt with it.
Well done you.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 05:11 PM

If I hadn't found the woman I would have smashed the car window and then phoned the police . I wouldn' t have let a wee dog die . I'm sure you would too Mups
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 05:22 PM

That's exactly what my firefighter son had to do a couple of years ago. A few people were gathering around a car parked in the sun. Two windows were open about 3 inches but the two dogs were obviously severely stressed. He picked up a brick from a front garden and smashed the front window of the car, released the dogs who promptly downed a bowl of water each. The owner returned half an hour later by which time the large dogs would have been beyond help. Meantime the RSPCA had turned up and took the owners name and address. He was very lucky, the small crowd could have lynched him.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

20-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Well done to your son EZ . I wouldn't even care if I was going to be prosecuted for damaging property a dogs life s is worth more .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top