Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 11:17 PM

Re: Strictly For The Grown Ups Rhubarb Dessert.

When i saw this thread title i was expecting blancmange boobies and banana splits ☺
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 10:01 AM

What a lovely Summer recipe!

But... I'm always put off when I see 'cups' in the ingredients.
So what would you say the conversion would be for the weight of rhubarb in grams and water in ml would be?
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Irene ->
I'm always put off when I see 'cups' in the ingredients.
So what would you say the conversion would be for the weight of rhubarb in grams and water in ml would be?
Anyone experiencing the cups issue may find this useful:
http://www.rhubarb-central.com/conversion-charts.html
and here http://www.cookitsimply.com/measurem...070-0196t.html
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Shropshiregirl: I scrounged some rhubarb from my neighbour and tried this yesterday - it was delicious! Looked a bit strange as the only mould I could find in the house was a large fish shaped one normally used for salmon mousse - but the taste was heavenly. Will certain make this again. Hopefully I when I drag the rest of the moulds out of their hiding place !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Irene ->
What a lovely Summer recipe!

Don't fret about 'cups' Irene darlin' - use mugs instead!!!

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+greyhoun...wd-18501293050

That way you get more ingredients and therefore more to eat
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=Irene;1179575]What a lovely Summer recipe!

So what would you say the conversion would be for the QUOTE]

I fully sympathise with you Irene. I am terrible with measurements converting from lbs and ozs to grams. then they include bloomin cups into the recipe. I was so fed up with it all that I invested in, courtesy of Amazon, a set of ceramic jugs which are american cup size, and also spoons for British and American, and finally, a small measuring jug for grams and ounces on it. Makes life so much easier.

However, I asked my next door neighbour what is the equivalent for her Polish cup for the rhubarb in grams
and it worked out at about 120g or 4.2 ounces, so that is the amount I used to make the jelly.
Irene
Stafford, England

25-06-2017, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the tip, UJ. I'll keep that one in mind.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Shropshiregirl: I scrounged some rhubarb from my neighbour and tried this yesterday - it was delicious! Looked a bit strange as the only mould I could find in the house was a large fish shaped one normally used for salmon mousse - but the taste was heavenly. Will certain make this again. Hopefully I when I drag the rest of the moulds out of their hiding place !!
ST, way to go girl! I didn't take any chances and made it on Friday night to ensure it set overnight!! I only had to defrost the raspberries and Whip up the Cream ready yesterday.
I'm so pleased you liked it. It cleared the plates here as I hoped it would do. Even SIL complimented it.
(Thank you lovely Polish neighbour). I'm going to see if I can scrounge any more favourite dishes she may have, so watch this space. LOL.
Irene
Stafford, England

25-06-2017, 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1180200][QUOTE=Irene;1179575]What a lovely Summer recipe!

So what would you say the conversion would be for the

I fully sympathise with you Irene. I am terrible with measurements converting from lbs and ozs to grams. then they include bloomin cups into the recipe. I was so fed up with it all that I invested in, courtesy of Amazon, a set of ceramic jugs which are american cup size, and also spoons for British and American, and finally, a small measuring jug for grams and ounces on it. Makes life so much easier.

However, I asked my next door neighbour what is the equivalent for her Polish cup for the rhubarb in grams
and it worked out at about 120g or 4.2 ounces, so that is the amount I used to make the jelly.
Many thanks for the info. That will be a great help.
DawnCurci
New Member!
United States
DawnCurci is male 

26-07-2017, 06:28 AM

This recipe is reserved for this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top