Join for free
Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 12:06 PM

Re: No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

This is not a biased forecast. The British Chambers of Commerce represent and estimated 92,000 British businesses. Their members were split on their views on Brexit.

What they are saying is that the Government needs to do things right now to fix the negative forecast and not fall out with the EU during negotiations.

In particular they mentioned "skills gaps and shoddy infrastructure ". I can just see the Government rushing to fix those when they are totally distracted.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 12:16 PM

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
These are un-elected decision makers.
Errr, kind of like the EU mandarins wouldn't you say? I certainly don't remember being asked to put a cross next to the candidates standing for election in Brussels to make the laws that we here in the UK, as well as every other EU member state, were duty bound to follow.

Also, it gets rather tedious listening to posters stating that those who voted to leave didn't know what we were voting for. whereas, those who voted to stay were voting with one voice. Talk about patronising!

Look, instead of the continuous tedious rhetoric, it would be nice if those who voted to remain would stop throwing their toys out of the pram and get over it. I know you find it impossible to believe, after all its been over 15 months, but really, how many times do you need to be told? YOU LOST THE VOTE! We are leaving.

Lies, Lies, Lies, that's all we seem to hear from Remainers who just cannot accept the fact that we are leaving the EU. Just look at the desperate lengths they go to to try to thwart the will of the people! Thousands of them have marched on Parliament to tell MP's to ignore the electorate. Millions have signed a petition demanding a re-run. The crap law firm, Mischon de Raya, has been hired to try to prevent a future Prime Minister from initiating the parting of the ways, and good ol' reliable, everyone's favourite wanted-to-be EU President, one Tony BlaIr, says he wants to drag things out until people change their minds!

The only thing Remainers don't seem to have screamed out for is to dissolve the people and elect another!!!!!

What right do Remainers have to deny the legitimacy of the Referendum result? Is it snobbery on behalf of the so-called patronising elite? Do Remainers really think that they are going to succeed in brow-beating 52% (probably more now) of the population ? It didn't work before 23rd June, and it certainly isn't going to work now. Contrary to those who believe that if the result is not to their liking, we must vote again brigade, the world was going to collapse if we voted to leave. Look at the examples and laugh.

Before the Referendum, George Osborne told us it would lead to emergency taxes. CRAP! we all know what happened to him.

Before the Referendum, Barak Obama insulted us by interfering and told us we would be at the back of the queue, but after the result, he then told us that our "special relationship" was as strong as ever.

Before the Referendum, the French gov't suggested it might send our immigration officers back across the channel, now it has confirmed that the current deal will remain in place.

Before the Referendum, we were told that the Stock Exchange would collapse. Now we see that the only collapse came from Italy. The FTSE 100 has strengthened!

Before the Referendum, we were arrogantly informed by the EU that if we voted out we would then be treated like any third-world country. Now they admit that George Osborne told them to say that and German officials even talk about special status for Britain.

Of course, one of the predictions from remain campaigners has come true! The pound has fallen. And no bad thing! The Euro is so weak it has made the pound a haven currency by artificially boosting its value. We needed a sharp devaluation.

So why can't Remainers, instead of having continuous tantrums, back Leavers in wanting a loosening of ties with the EU and its laws and strict regulations and back a future as a low-tax nation?

It really is time they accepted the verdict and the vote. Stop treating Leavers as idiots who are too thick to know why we voted to leave, and work together to ensure that we leave with a good deal for the UK and one which the EU will also feel is advantageous to both sides.

Is it too much to ask?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 03:24 PM

Yes it is.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-09-2017, 03:28 PM

SG we are all entitled to our point of view. Those who voted leave should respect those who voted remain don't agree and vice versa. It doesn't mean we cannot have a debate about the current situation which is a shambles. Please stop trying to gag the point of view of half the nation. I'm never going to agree it was a good idea. It's a waste of time and money when we should have been focusing on reforming the Eu and sorting out our own infrastructure instead of pointing the finger of blame at them.

The BCC report is from a group with members who have allegiances on both sides of the fence. It's telling the government that the economy is going to suffer if they don't sort out the problems businesses are facing. It is saying that weak sterling is not helping exports and that it will create a reduction in growth as imports become too dear. As for what will happen, we haven't left yet. The predictions are for before we have left based on leaving on good terms with a smooth transition and no flouncing.

We can't afford to be a low tax nation, that was just one idea. We need funding for the NHS, schools, pensions, social care.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 04:52 PM

Annie, Please forgive me if you thought I was referring to you personally. I wouldn't ever presume to stop someone from having a point of view. I have also never said I have no respect for Remainers voting the way they did. I certainly admit to saying that Remainers continue to try to browbeat Leavers for making their choice, but I was referring to those in a position that think they can do something about it by stomping on our legal, democratic vote, certainly not we mere mortals on a chat forum!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

09-09-2017, 04:54 PM

Purwell, when you manage to write more than three words, I'll take your viewpoint seriously.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Purwell, when you manage to write more than three words, I'll take your viewpoint seriously.
I don't really care what you do, you can spout as much bullshit as you like, it still does not make sense.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 07:40 PM

This is not a biased forecast. The British Chambers of Commerce represent and estimated 92,000 British businesses. Their members were split on their views on Brexit.

What they are saying is that the Government needs to do things right now to fix the negative forecast and not fall out with the EU during negotiations.

In particular they mentioned "skills gaps and shoddy infrastructure ". I can just see the Government rushing to fix those when they are totally distracted.
Members of the British Chambers of Commerce, of course, would very much like us to retain membership of the EU so that they can continue to import cheap labour.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 07:42 PM

Yes, we're all stupid for voting to leave, aren't we?

Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top