Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2017, 11:31 PM

All about Eve

I'm finally watching this having planned to order the DVD long ago. I love Bette Davis, such a powerful screen presence, and the film is beautifully directed and acted. They just don't make them like this any more. (perhaps they should).
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 12:07 AM

Re: All about Eve

A masterpiece if you ask me and worthy of the six(?) Oscars it got when it was released. Don't forget to watch Now Voyager - another of Bette Davis' triumphs.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 08:11 AM

I like all Betty Davies films and now some of them are on Youtube
She had the most beautiful eyes and on of my daughters has got 'Betty Davies' eyes

There is a lesser known film 'Mr Skeffington'

She plays the part of an older lady and her looks are going and also her hair falls out which makes her very unhappy

No spoiler

She is a brilliant Actress.

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:53 AM

This is one of My fav' Films with Bette Davis..She's fab' in it..I also have most of Her Films in box sets...There's never been Anyone quite like Her..a class of Her Own..Another fav' is 'Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte' with Olivia de Havilland & Joseph Cotten.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:56 AM

She was a great actor.
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 11:07 PM

I don't cry easily watching films, but Now Voyager gets me every time. It was recently on telly again, and I managed to record it this time, for posterity!
I love the depth of feeling and basic decency Bette managed to convey,
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A masterpiece if you ask me and worthy of the six(?) Oscars it got when it was released. Don't forget to watch Now Voyager - another of Bette Davis' triumphs.
Oh yes I love Now Voyager. Really demonstrates what a superbly versatile actress she was.
Goldcrest
Scotland
Goldcrest is female  Goldcrest has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 12:24 AM

So agree Annie. She was my Mum's favourite too. And Mum had those 'Bette Davis Eyes'

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top