Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 12:25 PM

Re: Britain should accept immigrants for free trade deal, senior Indian diplomat warns

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Who mentioned Brexit? I was just saying that Indians encourage medically trained relatives to come here because, if they are good, they get a job and better life here. If India do well financially, some may wish to return to their home country and I hope they can because it means the the poor in India can get better health care!
Sorry, my first sentence was aimed at Meg not you Twink. You can obviously type faster than I can.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 12:29 PM

Re: Britain should accept immigrants for free trade deal, senior Indian diplomat warns

Well it is a Brexit thread.

The subject of visas for Indian nationals was previously mentioned, but I was surprised to see that they expect negotiations to take 10 years. If that's the case for other countries where does that leave the economy? Particularly when coupled with the plateau growth until 2060 which we heard of the other day. Just what Government plans are going to make Brexit a success anytime in our lifetimes? Have we seen anything at all?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Sorry, my first sentence was aimed at Meg not you Twink. You can obviously type faster than I can.
I also need to apologise Purwell... because I never look at which section threads are in and Annie S has just pointed out that it is a Brexit thread. Sorry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 12:40 PM

It does make me laugh, all these countries holding Britain to ransom. Just tell the lot of 'em to get stuffed. They will be back.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 12:40 PM

Ask them because they all do!
A lot of them are encouraged to by family because many train as doctors, or similar professions, and know they can get jobs here. Unless you are very wealthy, living standards in India are not as good as we have, and in the past they have been allowed to bring their families here.
Not my opinion, it is what I have been told by Indian people!
Who mentioned Brexit? I was just saying that Indians encourage medically trained relatives to come here because, if they are good, they get a job and better life here. If India do well financially, some may wish to return to their home country and I hope they can because it means the the poor in India can get better health care!
All good points Twink.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It does make me laugh, all these countries holding Britain to ransom. Just tell the lot of 'em to get stuffed. They will be back.
Telling large economies like India to get stuffed really isn't an option if we keep wrangling with our nearest trading partners. India may have a great deal of individual poverty but it is a fast growth economy. It will certainly be in a position to compete with our service sector and technology. We would do well to keep them on our side. But for the deal to take ten years is a major risk to us.

But how does this fit with the idea that we should be training more medical and other professionals here? What of our beleaguered young people?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Telling large economies like India to get stuffed really isn't an option if we keep wrangling with our nearest trading partners. India may have a great deal of individual poverty but it is a fast growth economy. It will certainly be in a position to compete with our service sector and technology. We would do well to keep them on our side. But for the deal to take ten years is a major risk to us.

But how does this fit with the idea that we should be training more medical and other professionals here? What of our beleaguered young people?
I think the real problem is that there are too many humans in this world, so who do we help?

In India there are 20 million orphans yet less than 1% are orphaned because the parents are dead! Around 350,000 children live on the streets and have to find food for themselves. Why don't the more educated Indians try to help their poor and educate them about contraception.... which could improve standards for India and all it's people?

In Britain children are educated, often to university standard but they don't want to go through 8 years of training to be a doctor when many can use their education to get good jobs with better hours.

Doctors from poorer countries are prepared to put more effort into their education, for a better life, but where will all doctors go, British or foreign, if Britain becomes poorer?..... They will all go where the money is and that isn't likely to be Britain in the next 10 years!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 01:50 PM

Send a gunboat, teach theses Johnny Foreigners who's the boss.
What, what old bean!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 01:58 PM

next they will want our driving test to match those in india. What are those tests you may ask?
well they are very hard, you must be able to reverse 20 yards and you have passed or not take any test at all and still get a licence to drive

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/59613994.cms
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 02:28 PM

Sounds like a plan Longdogs,

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top