Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 01:12 PM

Re: Coastal railways with Julie Walters

It's well worth the trip, but try to ensure you get the Jacobite Steam Train, and sit on the left hand side of the train - best views!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lochsong ->
It's well worth the trip, but try to ensure you get the Jacobite Steam Train, and sit on the left hand side of the train - best views!!!
Thanks Lochsong and I guess you have to get into position by the doors quite early in order to get a decent photograph.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 09:32 PM

May be as well before the train goes over the Glenfinnan Viaduct, which is the horseshoe shaped viaduct. You can lean out of the window and watch the end of the train passing over the viaduct. I think you can also see this from the train windows.

If you sit on the right-hand side on the return journey (to Fort William), you will get a wonderful view of Ben Nevis across the loch, as the train approaches Corpach.

Another marvellous rail journey in The Highlands is the Inverness to Kyle of Lochailsh. I believe this to be the most beautiful.

Hope you get to do the trip - and you may need to book a seat.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top