Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 04:04 PM

David Davis compares impact of Brexit to financial crash of 2008

Our chief Brexit negotiator compares the impact of the split from the EU to the biggest financial crisis of the century.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...17535?mode=amp
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:12 PM

Re: David Davis compares impact of Brexit to financial crash of 2008

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Our chief Brexit negotiator compares the impact of the split from the EU to the biggest financial crisis of the century.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...17535?mode=amp
Is there a point to your post ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Yes the point is that David Davis is pretty much saying "project fear" were right all along. This is on top of his "the dog ate my homework" performance.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:26 PM

It is going to be a lot worse than that but the stupid people who voted for it still can't see it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Well they are finally talking about EFTA which will hopefully lead to a sensible solution.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:51 PM

Yes the point is that David Davis is pretty much saying "project fear" were right all along. This is on top of his "the dog ate my homework" performance.
No he's not. He's saying there will be a paradigm shift. That's stating the obvious.
He's not saying the effects of Brexit will be the same as the 2008 crash just that there will be noticable changes on a large scale.
Exactly as one would hope and expect.

Project Fear said the economy would crash the day after the referendum result if we voted Brexit....
They were wrong about that but they are hoping to be proved right eventually and are working damned hard to facilitate that outcome!
Moscow
Scotland

06-12-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It is going to be a lot worse than that but the stupid people who voted for it still can't see it.
If your hoped for economic disaster comes to fruition, and I'll be pleased for your sad little self if it does, there are many, many, many Leave voters who would consider that a price worth paying for leaving the EU.
That's how detested that insidious organisation is by many people.
So, it's not your much vaunted 'stupidity' that motivated Leavers, as much as a highly principled desire to see us leave this pernicious, undemocratic, power hungry German/French vanity project of European domination.
But it's obviously beyond your intellect to comprehend that position.
Instead you rely on insults and soundbites to express your ignorance.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-12-2017, 10:01 PM

It's perfectly clear he meant life is going to be rubbish after Brexit. Unsurprising given that nobody has a plan and negotiations are a shambles.
Moscow
Scotland

06-12-2017, 10:52 PM

It's perfectly clear he meant life is going to be rubbish after Brexit. Unsurprising given that nobody has a plan and negotiations are a shambles.
Only if you are looking for affirmation of your own views.
And I agree with you that the EU have not entered in to these negotiations in the spirit of co-operation and fairness and are intent on creating a climate of antipathy and distrust.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-12-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Only if you are looking for affirmation of your own views.
And I agree with you that the EU have not entered in to these negotiations in the spirit of co-operation and fairness and are intent on creating a climate of antipathy and distrust.
Why should they be co-operative and fair? We are the ones causing them a headache by leaving. I don't need affirmation because I predicted this shambles which is why I was against Brexit. I knew it would be a rat's nest of confusion and would take years to sort.

It takes us years to get projects off the ground. It takes years for countries to negotiate trade deals.
Why did we think we can do something so complex in two and have trade deals in place?

The worst thing that could come out of this political mess is Corbyn in power. We will have leave voters to thank if that happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top