Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 04:54 AM

Re: David Davis compares impact of Brexit to financial crash of 2008

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Only if you are looking for affirmation of your own views.
And I agree with you that the EU have not entered in to these negotiations in the spirit of co-operation and fairness and are intent on creating a climate of antipathy and distrust.
Hi

The only thing I object to is the Irish Border issue.

It is absolutely naff all to do with the EU, it is a matter between two sovereign nations.

We were idiots to agree to it being resolved before any Trade talks.

What is done is done, we cannot go back.

What we can do is explain in very simple terms to Leo, is what a Hard Brexit will mean.

We are not having the tail wagging the dog, we will not be blackmailed.

No Deal, which he is threatening the UK with if we do not agree with his demands means this.

It means a total hard border between North and South.

It means the end of the Common Travel Area.

It means no Irish Fishing Vessels in UK Waters.

It means no Irish Exports travelling through the UK, you can go the long way round.

It means Non Tariff barriers on Irish products, perfectly allowable under WTO Rules.

It will Passports and Visas for every Irish Citizen who wishes to travel to the UK.

It will mean no Irish Butter, Cheese or Meat to the UK, your biggest market.

It will mean no cross border medical treatment.

You can build your own Cancer Hospital.

Leo simply cannot survive this, it will destroy Ireland.

He needs to back off or be deposed.

The threats of the IRA returning?

His problem, not ours.

We do not give in to terrorists.

The rest of the negotiations?

I absolutely disagree with you Moscow.

Welcome to the real world.

We have decided to leave a huge Trading Block.

We are being treated as a Country seeking a Trade Agreement.

I am not surprised by that

It was our decision to leave, the EU have done their sums, their job now is to look after the EU, not the UK.

No deal would be financially better for them than a Free Trade Agreement.

Our plans for Free Trade Agreements replicated when we part of the EU have been shattered, formal objections already been lodged, including the USA.

We have been dismissed by India.

Such is life.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 07:06 AM

I see what you are doing there, Swimfeeders.

It's your way to show support for Remaining by cloaking your opinions under the mantle of being a Leave supporter.

I think you view the whole situation in a very negative and doom laden way.

We could leave the EU today, with no trade agreement and it would not be any where near as bad as you make out.

Also, to say Irish Nationalist terrorism is an Irish only problem is a bit silly, don't you think?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why should they be co-operative and fair? We are the ones causing them a headache by leaving. I don't need affirmation because I predicted this shambles which is why I was against Brexit. I knew it would be a rat's nest of confusion and would take years to sort.

It takes us years to get projects off the ground. It takes years for countries to negotiate trade deals.
Why did we think we can do something so complex in two and have trade deals in place?

The worst thing that could come out of this political mess is Corbyn in power. We will have leave voters to thank if that happens.
We agree about Corbyn.

The Two Year deadline was not of our making as such, it was in the rules, and we ( naively) assumed the EU would enter into these negotiations in good faith.
They haven't and it is what it is.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes the point is that David Davis is pretty much saying "project fear" were right all along. This is on top of his "the dog ate my homework" performance.
No he's not he is saying their is no precident for for the steps we are about to take, no pattern, so the outcome will be unknown. The fear campaign predicted total disaster.

Edited to say:

Sorry Moscow, didn't see your post till I'd posted this. I agree with you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 10:30 AM

He said it would cause a "paradigm shift" and compared it with the shift we required following a major disaster in this country. I don't see any ambiguity. It was not a positive statement however you dress it up. This is not what's expected to be the view of the chief negotiator.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I see what you are doing there, Swimfeeders.

It's your way to show support for Remaining by cloaking your opinions under the mantle of being a Leave supporter.

I think you view the whole situation in a very negative and doom laden way.

We could leave the EU today, with no trade agreement and it would not be any where near as bad as you make out.

Also, to say Irish Nationalist terrorism is an Irish only problem is a bit silly, don't you think?
Hi

Second point first.

The return of the Troubles is something Leo simply cannot risk politically, he would be out in an instance.

At this present moment in time the UK is being to held to ransom by a tin pot opportunist , Leo, and 10 DUP MPs.

If we cannot sort them out, there is no hope for us playing with the big boys.

We are just sending out signals of weakness.

Now the second point.

We cannot leave tomorrow, simply because the idiots in charge have done naff all to get us ready to control our Borders, collect Tariffs or just as importantly, to advise all our businesses on what they will need to continue to export to the EU, that is 130,000 companies in that position.

Yesterday, it transpired that we have not done the impact assessments on Trade, and even more importantly, our Government has even decided on what sort of Trade Deal it wants.

It has not been decided upon in Cabinet.

That is just a joke.

Now , turning to me being a Remainer.

There is a world of difference between voting to Leave and being stupid about it.

I have a very detailed knowledge of Immigration, in particular tracking those who could potentially do us harm, be they Terrorists or Criminals.

The current system is a joke, it really is, taking back Control of our Borders is a non deliverable promise, we are many years away from that.

I do not have such a detailed knowledge of Trade, however I do have friends working in Customs.

We used to do joint inspections, one looking for Illegal Immigrants, one looking for smuggling and Tariff Avoidance.

All stopped by Theresa May, a cost saving exercise.

We simply cannot just walk away tomorrow.

Even Boris, who has the intelligence of a gnat, understands that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top