Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Re: Alan Partridge Is Back on the BBC

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I said - "I don't like the bloke and never have."

What part of that confuses you?
I was trying to tease a little more out of you in an effort to find out what was going on between your ears. A few more words may have helped.

As I pointed out, for just one example, people wouldn't "like" Basil Fawlty but that wouldn't mean they didn't find him funny and watch it. It's the same with others from Rigsby to Arnold Judas Rimmer (and so on).

You're like those pillocks on the Mail-online and elsewhere who make similar inane comments. I've just seen a "review" on Amazon of Sean Lock's latest DVD and some
knuckle- head has simply commented "he is what he is".
How is that of any use to anyone?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
I was trying to tease a little more out of you in an effort to find out what was going on between your ears. A few more words may have helped.

As I pointed out, for just one example, people wouldn't "like" Basil Fawlty but that wouldn't mean they didn't find him funny and watch it. It's the same with others from Rigsby to Arnold Judas Rimmer (and so on).

You're like those pillocks on the Mail-online and elsewhere who make similar inane comments. I've just seen a "review" on Amazon of Sean Lock's latest DVD and some
knuckle- head has simply commented "he is what he is".
How is that of any use to anyone?
Hi

I also do not like him and do not find him funny.

That would also make make me a pillock who makes inane comments.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 03:54 PM

I like comedy, that's why I don't find Alan Partridge in the least bit funny. Far from being 'too modern' I would say he is old hat.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I like comedy, that's why I don't find Alan Partridge in the least bit funny. Far from being 'too modern' I would say he is old hat.
What modern sitcoms do you like, pray tell?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Yep hands up here from another who can't stand the guy, just another one of the BBC luvvies brigade.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 04:38 PM

I don't like Alan Partridge He's a bit of a prat imo...but I did quite like Steve Coogan in the Film 'Philomena' with Judi Dench
Gravitas
North England

27-12-2017, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I don't like Alan Partridge He's a bit of a prat imo...but I did quite like Steve Coogan in the Film 'Philomena' with Judi Dench
Wasn't funny enough for my liking.
Gravitas
North England

27-12-2017, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Yep hands up here from another who can't stand the guy, just another one of the BBC luvvies brigade.
Littlejohn wrote a piece the other week saying similar (which I agreed with) but he and I are still capable of appreciating the brilliance of the Partridge creation.

Pity few on here are capable of doing the same.

It's here in the unlikely event anyone is interested:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-dinosaur.html
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 08:22 PM

I preferred Coogan's Paul and Pauline Calf's personas to Alan Partridge.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
It's just the response I expected.

There must be someone on here with a sense of humour that appreciates this classic quality comedy character?

Apart from me of course.
But you are easily pleased and obviously adore slapstick ‘comedy’ Do you buy his stuff from the foyer when you pay to see his shows ?
ps, I have a sense of humour, your posts make me laugh.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top