Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 02:30 AM

Demonstrations in Iran

I wonder how the Iranian authorities will handle these demonstrations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42512946
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 07:04 AM

Re: Demonstrations in Iran

Hi

The current Iranian President is a moderniser, he has announced that women will no longer be arrested for breaking the strict dress code insisted upon by the Hardline Clerics.

Iran is absolutely no threat to the West and yet Trump is banging up the pressure on them.

Freedom of worship by Christians is guaranteed by Iranian Law, they have guaranteed seats in Parliament.

Compare this with Saudi, a hardline Sunni Muslim Country , and it is Sunnis, funded by Saudi, who were responsible for 9/11 and every single Terrorist attack in Europe since then.

ISIS, the militant Sunni Muslim organisation have been wiped out in Iraq and Syria by Russia, Iran and the Kurds, when the West failed.

Global Politics, all about denying Russia access to warm water ports and airbases, plus the fact that Saudi and other Sunni Muslim Countries are the biggest buyers of American Arms.

All is not what it seems.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:43 PM

I'm quite surprised at this the few Iranians I chat to online seem modern and very happy with what the government are doing for them, bringing them more modern ideas etc.

Only complaint I hear is about how slow things change because of the clergy.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The current Iranian President is a moderniser, he has announced that women will no longer be arrested for breaking the strict dress code insisted upon by the Hardline Clerics.

Iran is absolutely no threat to the West and yet Trump is banging up the pressure on them.

Freedom of worship by Christians is guaranteed by Iranian Law, they have guaranteed seats in Parliament.

Compare this with Saudi, a hardline Sunni Muslim Country , and it is Sunnis, funded by Saudi, who were responsible for 9/11 and every single Terrorist attack in Europe since then.

ISIS, the militant Sunni Muslim organisation have been wiped out in Iraq and Syria by Russia, Iran and the Kurds, when the West failed.
Global Politics, all about denying Russia access to warm water ports and airbases, plus the fact that Saudi and other Sunni Muslim Countries are the biggest buyers of American Arms.

All is not what it seems.
I doubt they have Swim, it seems they've moved , but it would also appear to be a big secret. I also read somewhere that the French IS fighters had gone to Afghanistan.
Maybe others have gone to Iran to stir up trouble ?

November 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4KLrQKJn3c
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 09:25 AM

I think these Iranian demostaters are very brave.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-trump-tweets
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think these Iranian demostaters are very brave.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-trump-tweets

Nobody said that about the American draft-dodgers when they demonstrated against the war in Vietnam did they???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2017, 11:13 AM

What has that got to do with anything ?
Stick to the discussion in hand
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 11:28 AM

I'm beginning to wonder who is agitating to make his happen, trump is very in favour, that makes me nervous. Iran is a country trying to change albeit slowly, if they push too hard the clergy will clamp down again and they could be pushed back into a harsher regime again.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Nobody said that about the American draft-dodgers when they demonstrated against the war in Vietnam did they???
A bit early for the sherry isn’t it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
A bit early for the sherry isn’t it?

I don't drink Sherry - I prefer Brandy in my coffee first thing in the morning!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top