Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 04:54 PM

Re: Ashcroft scamming workers.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That's something you'll have to ask the scumbag 'nasty party' itself Roxy darlin'
The Tory wannabe's don't come near us, as The Laird has a dirty great Saltire flying on the farm lol. They might be wary of farmers with guns and besides they'd get their shiny shoes mucky in the mud.. AND that would never do..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They say the eu protects workers rights I can't see it myself.
If May gets her way and we go hard brexit, just watch out for workers and equality rights then Julie darlin'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 05:11 PM

If May gets her way and we go hard brexit, just watch out for workers and equality rights then Julie darlin'.
Well Blair gave a lot of our rights away to the eu is all I remember, I had more holiday and wages pre his visit to the eu and signing various papers.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 05:19 PM

Well Blair gave a lot of our rights away to the eu is all I remember, I had more holiday and wages pre his visit to the eu and signing various papers.
How on Earth do you work that one out?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
How on Earth do you work that one out?
Now my industry we all got 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, as soon as he signed up to an agreement I can't remember the name of he announced great news for workers now you boss has to give you 28 days holiday and they can take all bank holidays out of that 28 days. I overnight lost all my bank holidays and had to save my holiday entitlement for them.
Bringing in so many low paid workers who were thrilled to get £5 an hour brought my wages down too.

I used to get £10-12 an hour I'm on nmw for same jobs now.

Eu really protected us, I'd hate to see what they would do to punish us.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Now my industry we all got 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, as soon as he signed up to an agreement I can't remember the name of he announced great news for workers now you boss has to give you 28 days holiday and they can take all bank holidays out of that 28 days. I overnight lost all my bank holidays and had to save my holiday entitlement for them.
Bringing in so many low paid workers who were thrilled to get £5 an hour brought my wages down too.

I used to get £10-12 an hour I'm on nmw for same jobs now.

Eu really protected us, I'd hate to see what they would do to punish us.
Hi

If you think wages are going to rise in real terms Julie, then think again.

My MP, a leading Brexiteer, is all for letting Market Forces rule, as well as for foxhunting and reduction in tax for the high earners.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If you think wages are going to rise in real terms Julie, then think again.

My MP, a leading Brexiteer, is all for letting Market Forces rule, as well as for foxhunting and reduction in tax for the high earners.
I've no doubt about it swim, in the short term they may not rise but if those at the top think they are going to keep us at the bottom quiet much longer they are in for a surprise.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:35 PM

I've no doubt about it swim, in the short term they may not rise but if those at the top think they are going to keep us at the bottom quiet much longer they are in for a surprise.
To the revolution Julie darlin', I'll take my tank out of the garage and give it hose down, to wash the mud off it!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-01-2018, 03:52 PM

To the revolution Julie darlin', I'll take my tank out of the garage and give it hose down, to wash the mud off it!!!
Got my brolly and my walking stick at the ready Uj !
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 03:58 PM

I'm not as clever as you all on here and probably not as well read and informed on the more intelligent subjects, but I am feeling very frustrated and angry how the well off seem to be taking more and more from the less well off, the poor, sick and old.
It just seems so unfair. It worries me what sort of society we will become as this goes on, and how far will it go.

Everything seems to come down to greed and putting down those who have less. Politicians seem to have forgotten that they are supposed to work for us who pay them, and instead continue to ignore what's going on and just follow the party line.

I suppose after this I will be accused of being a leftie snowflake but its just that there seems to be so much injustice these days.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top