Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Re: Stoma-versary

CeeCee I read that BBC news page feature too, and I thought it was very encouraging.

But I have to say that in all my life I have never ever heard any derogatory remarks made to anyone in any public loo as documented on here. But of course that doesn't mean that I disbelieved the posts!

I fail to see why a simple injection into the stomach has to be done anywhere particular, certainly not in a loo.
A friend of mine has to inject before a meal and if we're out it's done under the table beneath his sweater or tee.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 05:05 PM

Ruthio I think it's a matter of confidence when you first start injecting it's a bit daunting you have the experience to hide it like that.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 06:40 PM

I had to have injections in my stomach for a month following my surgery. I did it myself after the first time of being shown.
My problem was trying to get rid of the sharps bin, my GP would not take it, nor the chemist or hospital. In the end I gave it to my lovely consultant on my six week review and she hid it in the back of her consulting room for me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 08:24 PM

My mate was 21 when told he had Crohn's.

It was a massive decision for him and he was ready to refuse the op and die.

It took many an hour of discussion just for him to change his mind.

If his girlfriend had not been so support and reassuring that she wouldn't want to be with anyone else just because of his "disability" I think he'd have died.

What a cruel world it is.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 09:02 PM

Well I'm going out on a limb here....as I don't discuss it too often really.

I have one called "Sue"......
Been 5 years now and pretty easy to live with tbh.
I have it due to bowel cancer. Doesn't really affect my day to day life in any way and nobody can tell you have it.
Oh, and if anyone gave me aggro over using a disabled loo, they'd get a mouthful, as I'm a gobby bad tempered git....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I had to have injections in my stomach for a month following my surgery. I did it myself after the first time of being shown.
My problem was trying to get rid of the sharps bin, my GP would not take it, nor the chemist or hospital. In the end I gave it to my lovely consultant on my six week review and she hid it in the back of her consulting room for me.
I had that as well CeeCee. I found me bum to be the least painful area to inject for some reason? I just did it at home every evening.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

02-01-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
We had nasty remarks several times when grandson needed his insulin injection and we took him in the disabled toilet to do it.
Well I hope you gave them a mouthful Purwell - bloody ignorant saddo's.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 10:02 PM

I know of someone who was on the end of receiving nasty comments, she did no more than pull down the waist of her jeans and show them her bag and said "Want to swap?"
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

02-01-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I know of someone who was on the end of receiving nasty comments, she did no more than pull down the waist of her jeans and show them her bag and said "Want to swap?"
Good call!.......
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 10:24 PM

Good for her ... some people can be horrible. Put bluntly, people without stomas just cart their own rubbish around for longer .. trapped festering inside. That's all.

When my mum had a stoma, believe it or not, the person who found it difficult to accept and steered clear was her own damn husband.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top