Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:47 PM

Re: McMafia

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I do wish people would give a brief description of what a show was about instead of just the name which tells you nothing other than perhaps it is about McDonalds restaurants.

Surely giving a brief synopsis wouldn't kill anyone? this is forum after all.
I’m on an iPad, Bruce, and couldn’t be arsed! Besides, I wasn’t expecting anyone from the other side of the world to be interested.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think people are worried about giving too much away. Anyway, I would like to help you but after watching two episodes, I haven't got the faintest idea what it's about. You could always look it up of course.
I could look it up but then what is the point of belonging to a forum? Surely the idea is to be able to discuss things.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Brief synopsis for Bruce...

"British-raised Alex Godman, the son of exiled Russians, struggles to live an honest life free from his parents' mafia connections.
In addition to Russians, Alex must confront shadowy figures from the world of organised crime, including Mexican drug cartels, Pakistani drug lords and Balkan smugglers."

Art I read all the previews and it sounded violent and grim.
After suffering Doctor Foster and Bancroft, excellent as they were, I need light and uplifting!!
Excellent, Thank you.

You see? it wasn't that difficult was it?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 02:58 AM

It's quite hard to follow .
Everyone is a crook and they all talk very quietly .
James Norton is appareantly possibly the next James Bond .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 03:20 AM

I am downloading the first two episodes. Do you know how many there are?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 07:10 AM

Eight I think
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Eight I think
Oh dear. Two was enough for me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:45 AM

I did look in but it didn't look like something I'd like really, and I'm busy bingeing on extant and Mrs maisel at the moment. Although Mrs maisel is great she's making my ears bleed with the swearing !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's quite hard to follow .
Everyone is a crook and they all talk very quietly .
James Norton is appareantly possibly the next James Bond .

I think he could do it, actually. He has surprised me.

I do agree with Dongle though, and the current story has lost me. Won't bother with any more.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:34 AM

2 was enough for me as well,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think he could do it, actually. He has surprised me.

I do agree with Dongle though, and the current story has lost me. Won't bother with any more.
Originally Posted by doctor ->
2 was enough for me as well,
It seems to be the norm with modern directors to not tell us the story. I suppose they like to think that it creates interest and gets people talking about the programme which I suppose is true but I would prefer to understand it and enjoy it.

Anything with Russian names is hard going whether it's a book or a film, add the double-crossing and I'm lost.

It's a shame because James Norton is a great actor and has real screen presence but I won't be watching any more of it. I have enough trouble keeping up with Midsommer Murders.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top