Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 07:47 PM

Jeremy Hunt Apology

If enough operations are cancelled some patients health will be further complicated and inevitably could end with some deaths. A shameful start to new year.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:57 PM

Re: Jeremy Hunt Apology

'H'unt is tipped for promotion in the forthcoming cabinet reshuffle. Is there really such a dearth of talent in the Tory party? Er...yes?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If enough operations are cancelled some patients health will be further complicated and inevitably could end with some deaths. A shameful start to new year.

I agree Cinderella,and saying sorry is just not enough after letting thousands of sick people down again.

Also why is it that thousands of people are now terminally ill and many diseases on the increase as well.

Thousands resort to drugs and alcoholic to get through the day. Something must be wrong, apart from all the chemicals in food.
Hundreds of slimming diets yet more people with obesity.

Perhaps patients in full employment should pay for their food in Hospital! £25.00 per week is reasonable and would pay for many more Nurses.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 01:15 PM

What gets me is tories have now been in long enough to fix what they think needs fixing but we have this mess. They would be yelling across the house at labour if this was happening under their governing hand.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Surely the government knew that winter puts more stress on the NHS and planned accordingly.

What would happen now if we had some catastrophic event nationwide/worldwide that had to be tackled. 😷

Its as if the government actually want the NHS to collapse and die. 😉
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Surely the government knew that winter puts more stress on the NHS and planned accordingly.

What would happen now if we had some catastrophic event nationwide/worldwide that had to be tackled. 😷

Its as if the government actually want the NHS to collapse and die. 😉

Of course they do, so the barstewards can privatise what's left of it!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 02:29 PM

Something I heard yesterday I've been finding it hard to believe but here goes.

At weekends the operating theatres are generally not used by the NHS so the private sector use them, but due to contractual things the staff are NHS staff. If anything goes wrong the patients instantly fall back into NHS hands so itu can be used at the cost of the NHS, you can be put into an NHS ward etc, the staff are paid by NHS the profit goes to private company.

How can that be right ? Was the person not telling the truth ? Am I just not understanding ?

Any answers welcome because it's making my brain hurt !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Something I heard yesterday I've been finding it hard to believe but here goes.

At weekends the operating theatres are generally not used by the NHS so the private sector use them, but due to contractual things the staff are NHS staff. If anything goes wrong the patients instantly fall back into NHS hands so itu can be used at the cost of the NHS, you can be put into an NHS ward etc, the staff are paid by NHS the profit goes to private company.

How can that be right ? Was the person not telling the truth ? Am I just not understanding ?

Any answers welcome because it's making my brain hurt !

I've not heard of this julie darlin', but its sounding very plausible and part of de-nationalisation that those barstewards Hunt & May are aimimg for.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

04-01-2018, 03:59 PM

Another question bothers me is if the population is growing and we have an aging less healthy population why have we closed so many hospitals and a and Es ? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. To simply stand still we had to keep all hospitals open, to move forward we needed to build more.

I admit my maths ain't great I'm a bit number blind but to me that feels like trying to fit more people into smaller and smaller places !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

04-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Another question bothers me is if the population is growing and we have an aging less healthy population why have we closed so many hospitals and a and Es ? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. To simply stand still we had to keep all hospitals open, to move forward we needed to build more.

I admit my maths ain't great I'm a bit number blind but to me that feels like trying to fit more people into smaller and smaller places !
All to do with money Julie darlin'. The more buildings there are, the more they have to be maintained, the less profit for the companies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top