Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 12:15 PM

The marvellous Mrs maisel

Comedian getting started amidst family crisis is theme. Really enjoyed it but and its a big BUT the swearing nearly made me give up. If the story hadn't interested me so much I wouldn't have carried on watching, my ears bled I think. By half way through the series I was almost shouting at the screen not the f word find another one to say then they did and I regretted thinking it because c word was worse !
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 08:10 PM

Re: The marvellous Mrs maisel

I’ve given this series up because of all the swearing which makes me cringe. I can put up with the occasional bout but not hens it’s prettu much constant.

There’s another series I gave up on for the same reason but I can’t remember it name now. Sone private detective thing.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 08:18 PM

Re: The marvellous Mrs maisel

I've not seen it julie but I also can't stand all this swearing that goes on . Is it really necessary , yet I'm no prude I can swear and do but not in public . I've been watching some old stuff on the TV , and not heard one swear word . Why oh why do they do it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top