Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 11:50 PM

Re: Raynaud`s Diseaase.

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I've never had any Mags, but if I were back in a cold climate I would certainly get some. I know they are quite popular with the "hunting, shooting, fishing" people. I believe you can also get battery warmed socks too.
I would never have guessed there were such things as battery warmed gloves and socks around if you hadn't mentioned it Loretta. Mr Mags suffers from cold (white) fingers during winter so I may look into those for him
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I would never have guessed there were such things as battery warmed gloves and socks around if you hadn't mentioned it Loretta. Mr Mags suffers from cold (white) fingers during winter so I may look into those for him
I've only ever had the little hand warmers that you re use by putting them in boiling water Mags, but they are not very convenient. I think I got them from Aldi or Lidl. I remember that some people in the shooting parties at Chatsworth had battery warmed gloves and socks years ago, but I doubt theirs came from either Aldi or Lidl.

I would definitely be trying the battery warmed gloves if I ever returned to UK in the winter, or anywhere else cold for that matter. I get white fingers even here, damp or chilly weather, sometimes just putting the washing out, the damp clothes turn my fingers white.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 02:49 PM

I will be checking out some of these if i can find them locally.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hotrox-Elec...le+hand+warmer

and something like these.

http://www.healthandcare.co.uk/rayna...SAAEgIsJfD_BwE
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 03:01 PM

I think the gloves are a better idea Nom.

I wouldn't want one that only warms one hand at a time, like the Amazon box? And surely it can only warm the palm of your hand, whereas the gloves would warm front, back, and right up to your wrists as well.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think the gloves are a better idea Nom.

I wouldn't want one that only warms one hand at a time, like the Amazon box? And surely it can only warm the palm of your hand, whereas the gloves would warm front, back, and right up to your wrists as well.
No Mups i would need two as i have secondary reynauds which is worse and affects both hands These would be used in the event of the cold overcoming the gloves ability to keep my hands warn. Once this happens the pain can become unbearable, remember as i use the waking aid i cant pt my hands in my pockets to keep warm.
Also need a blood test to rule out scleroderma which is worse.

https://www.sruk.co.uk/scleroderma/what-scleroderma/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 03:17 PM

OK Nom, I understand what you are saying about using the walker so your hands being cold. Mind you, you wouldn't be able to hold the boxes and your walker, so looks like you'd perhaps need the gloves and the boxes as well.
Hope you find something that does the trick soon.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

07-01-2018, 03:32 PM

The hand warmers go inside the gloves Mups. :
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-01-2018, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
The hand warmers go inside the gloves Mups. :

Yes, but would you be able to hold your walker with those in your hand do you think?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

07-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, but would you be able to hold your walker with those in your hand do you think?
Yes they are compact and i dont grip the handles tightly as this causes body strain.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:17 PM

Nom I don't have Reynauds, but I was once given some small plastic bags, full of gel, to put in my gloves and they really worked well. I cant remember how I made them warm and they obviously didn't last for more that a couple of months, but they certainly helped keep my hands warmer one cold winter!

The Hot Hand Warmers, on the link you posted, looked similar and you can get 5 pair for £9.53 and delivered free of charge. Leave a message and your phone number on Greens Pharmacy helpline 01706 854854, if you want to know more.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top