Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:10 PM

Re: Nasty Party has a Heart of Gold

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't live that far away from Windsor I have friends there, it's not simple as said.
They have enough places for the homeless, but they won't take drinkers, druggies or pets. The core on the street are made up of those people.

I have heard some are violent and aggressive. But usually when they don't get money when they beg, the drunks are the culprits usually.

The dilemma is are they going to be able to find anywhere to take these substance abusers ?

The pet owners I see more simply. They dogs are really well behaved, tbh I've never seen more well behaved dogs, so why can't they take their dogs with them ? Lack of rental spaces that take dogs is a huge problem for many who want to rent. Why i can never imagine because a decent landlord will have factored in any damage anyone causes deposits are high enough surely ?
Very few landlords like to rent to dog owners because dogs can cause damage .They just do and many pet owners don't notice with people on the street one wonders which came first the homelessness or the dog .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Simple - the scumbag 'nasty party' haven't built enough social housing to accomodate all that want and need it.
So how many do we need to build to house the world?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:13 PM

I'm sure on the day of the wedding, the police will move the homeless on regardless of what May says. The wedding will be shown all around the world so they will not want to show the reality of it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:17 PM

I think it's more to protect tourists and sightseers.
I went to oXford last year and was appalled at the amount of people on the street . Some were large drunk and looked quite intimidating .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-01-2018, 12:22 PM

I don't know much about the Windsor area but I have seen 'homeless' beggars turn up in the morning with their dog and a cup of Costa coffee. They then get comfortable on their blanket and sit there begging for a few hours until the family turns up and they leave.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 01:17 PM

These people are not homeless expect by choice.

Muppets like UJ just love to perpetuate the misleading dogma that the country is full of real homeless people. Truth is it isn't.

The country is full of drink/drug addicts who WANT to be on the streets in order to beg by day and to preserve their money by night instead of it going to rent.

Noone, absolutely noone needs to be sleeping rough on the streets.

There IS emergency accommodation in every city across the country. There ARE emergency numbers to ring ANY TIME of the day or night to get such accommodation.
There ARE a wide number and variety of temporary accommodation options out there where people can stay for weeks or months, provided of course they behave themselves and follow the rules.

This country, and most of Europe and the wider world, has a drug problem, plain and simple. It is ruining people's lives, not just those taking the drugs but it has a knock on effect to us all via the funding needed to keep support centres going, for treatment centres, for the various accommodation services and much much more.

This political BS propaganda stuff aimed at trying to get people to home in on the term "homelessness" is frankly pathetic.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Apparently.

But those at the coal face say they have never come across any kind of aggression.

But it has to be said that there are two categories of street people: the genuinely homeless and the 'professional' beggars.
Many professional Beggars around, same in any country, so many people that have no scruples. I have seen it here, I saw one man sitting on the floor with his two crutches pleading with his begging bowl, only to notice when I walked past the spot 30 mins later he had made a miraculous recovery, he had gone but his crutches were still there. I didnt know God was working his miracles in Trondheim north Norway that particular day or I might have tried it myself
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Very few landlords like to rent to dog owners because dogs can cause damage .They just do and many pet owners don't notice with people on the street one wonders which came first the homelessness or the dog .
Oddly in social housing dogs have been allowed for decades you don't see as much damage from them as you do from people. Mine may leave a bit of mud occasionally or a hair or two in communal hallways, they've never broken a window, a lock or put superglue in the light switches. Any damage in private rentals can be fixed with deposit money. I'd actually suggest at current rental rates each new tenant deserves a new carpet and soft furnishings anyway.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
These people are not homeless expect by choice.

Muppets like UJ just love to perpetuate the misleading dogma that the country is full of real homeless people. Truth is it isn't.

The country is full of drink/drug addicts who WANT to be on the streets in order to beg by day and to preserve their money by night instead of it going to rent.

Noone, absolutely noone needs to be sleeping rough on the streets.

There IS emergency accommodation in every city across the country. There ARE emergency numbers to ring ANY TIME of the day or night to get such accommodation.
There ARE a wide number and variety of temporary accommodation options out there where people can stay for weeks or months, provided of course they behave themselves and follow the rules.

This country, and most of Europe and the wider world, has a drug problem, plain and simple. It is ruining people's lives, not just those taking the drugs but it has a knock on effect to us all via the funding needed to keep support centres going, for treatment centres, for the various accommodation services and much much more.

This political BS propaganda stuff aimed at trying to get people to home in on the term "homelessness" is frankly pathetic.
They are still homeless though realist. Addiction at first I agree is a choice but once a person is deeply into it they have no choice, it's up to us as a society to provide services and homes to get them off the addictive substances.

I've never been a drinker but when we lived in our car there were some nights I could easily have taken something to make things feel better, that I didn't was more because I had my husband laying beside me and I believed we would eventually get a home. Many don't have that belief nor a strong man laying next to them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

05-01-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oddly in social housing dogs have been allowed for decades you don't see as much damage from them as you do from people. Mine may leave a bit of mud occasionally or a hair or two in communal hallways, they've never broken a window, a lock or put superglue in the light switches. Any damage in private rentals can be fixed with deposit money. I'd actually suggest at current rental rates each new tenant deserves a new carpet and soft furnishings anyway.
Why normally people provide their own carpets and soft furnishings .
They don't get everything provided .

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top