Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 05:28 PM

Government Reshuffle

Hi

Tomorrow is the day apparently when May is going to do the deed.

Some in, some out a bit of shake it all about.

Boris reported to have refused to move, and he is too big to be moved, he would be a constant critic if he was.

I am not particularly bothered about who stays or goes, apart from Liam Fox, who has achieved nothing other than alienating many of our Trading Partners with his arrogant attitude and he has messed up his Department due to the same attitude and refusal to take decisions.

What I do want, is what Norway has said, decisions taken and get on with the job of preparing for Brexit.

We need to show a united sense of purpose, instead of one Minister briefing against others,

We pay them to get on with Brexit and make a success of it, not to spend more time on their own career ambitions.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 05:37 PM

Re: Government Reshuffle

Supposed to be a change from pale male and stale, uotside chance of reece mogg but expecting nods to female and ethnic in the mix. would like to see more brexit minded to balance the remain brigade
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 04:21 PM

Muddle over who was party chairman think they have confirmed now it is not Chris Grayling.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 04:27 PM

Grace made me laugh after listening to the radio she wanted to know why the government were kerfuffling I couldn't give her a sane reason

But back on planet earth she needs to get some in there who are supportive of her and brexit. It's got to be difficult for her at the moment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 07:44 PM

I'm not keen on reshuffles. I don't understand why they are sent to departments they know nothing about. Surely to be good at their jobs, they should gain as much experience as possible.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 08:03 PM

Considering this was trailed as a major reshuffle to rejuvenate the government and introduce some new faces, it is a bit of a disaster, showing exactly how impotent May is as a leader. Most of her planned changes were overruled by the person she wanted to change. So we end up with four promotions, two of which are internal Tory party posts with a veneer to let them into the cabinet.one was dictated by illness. Hilarious!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:10 PM

Theresa May's much trailed massive reshuffle has turned into an unmitigated disaster and a damp squib.

Not only did the scumbag 'nasty party' congratulate the wrong person being promoted into 'nasty party' Chairman, but now having moved David Gauke away from the poisoned chalice of Secretary of State for Social Security, Theresa May sacks Justine Greening from Education and offers her Social Security instead.

Justine Greening, knowing it to be a poisoned chalice has determined not to accept and return to the back benches.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...3D939202811_uk
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 06:24 PM

Embarassing and cofusing - the 'nasty party's' own commentary on Theresa May's shambolic reshuffle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...3D568825562_uk
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 07:20 PM

Blame the media. The day before they were hyping up into a complete makeover and change of direction, using opinion as fact. When it doesn't happen exactly how they predict, they then resort to the sort of hyperbole you read today.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 08:42 PM

When Teresa May first became Prime Minister and stood outside Downing Street and gave that speech that her new government would bring all people together and help those who felt they had been ignored or left behind by the previous government I was so impressed that at last we would have a Prime Minister who actually cared about those people.
Also that brexit would be handled and the best outcome would be persued for us.

I realise now it was all at best, a dream I was having or at at worst just a pack of lies.
I give upon politics and career politicians.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top