Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 12:03 PM

Re: Itv+4

We have a Sky HD box but do not subscribe, it was just the natural replacement for our old Sky box. We do however get a few HD channels free. On the Sky tv menu, the free HD channel listings are in yellow type instead of white.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 01:08 PM

Why oh why does it seem so complicated nowadays . Remember when you turned on the telly and told someone to hold the Ariel higher or lower , ah yes that's better now stay there
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Foxy, does that mean 4+1 would be 107 please?
Think I'll have to find the instruction book.

Freeview and Freesat are different as well, aren't they?

Yours,

Fed up, ignorant, technophobic.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Does anyone know about much telly's?

Last night I was going to watch an old Sean Connery film on ITV+4 (channel 24), but when I pressed the remote, a notice came up on screen saying I couldn't watch that channel unless I upgraded to HD.
The film was the 2nd Bond film, From Russia With Love. I watched the second half of it no problem.

The ITV4 Channel IS NOT an HD channel. There are very few HD channels on Freeview and Freesat.

Your ability to see any channel depends where you are in the country, what transmitter your TV aerial is pointing to. Broadcasting masts occasionally have problems with certain channels or groups (multiplexes) of channels.

Are you using Freeview or Freesat?
e.g. do you have an aerial or a satellite dish?

Do you have a Digibox beneath your TV on which you record stuff? If so, that is likely the box that is receiving the TV signal and decoding it.

Most likely you just need to go into the menus of your DigiBox and tell it to do a RESCAN of all the channels. Your's may not have had that done for some time.

Alternatively you might be on Sky? If so you need to state that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 02:47 PM

Thank you Realist.
I am on FreeView. There is no digibox under the telly.
I have an aeriel, but there is also a dish on the outside wall left by the previous owners. Not sure which one I am connected to.
I do not have Sky.

This might shed some further light on it - I have just tried again and see that is ITV4 I am having trouble with NOT ITV4+1, and in the tv guide it says it is channel 24.
When I press that on the remote the message today elaborates a lot more.
This is what it says now:

QUEST RED +1 has moved frequency. Retune your FreeView HD eqipment to continue to receive this service, or go to www.freeview to see if you can upgrade to Freeview HD.

This is even more gobbledegook to me, I've never even heard of Quest Red for a start, so still don't know what to do about it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 02:57 PM

TV needs tuning by the sound of it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-01-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
TV needs tuning by the sound of it.

Thanks Purwell. Can I do that myself from the remote?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Purwell. Can I do that myself from the remote?
Should be able to, is there a button on the remote that has "tv menu" on it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-01-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Should be able to, is there a button on the remote that has "tv menu" on it?

Yes. What do I have to do?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

12-01-2018, 03:17 PM

Press that and it will pop up a menu on screen with a few options. Choose DTV and Autotune and it will take a few minutes to find all the channels.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top