Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 08:48 PM

Re: post viral depression.

Thinking of you Carol and wishing you better,I know only too well how you are feeling, its so difficult to throw off when you are not feeling well, and theres little you can do .The only thing is rest and find some interest, the tele often have good programmes on in the day,or chat to friends on the phone or on here
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:32 PM

Hi Carol.
Loads of friends and family have been afflicted by some kind of "depression bug" over the recent holiday period. Perhaps it's a strain of the notorious 'Aussie Flu' or something else, all we know is that it's wiping people out big time. But it will clear up eventually, Carol. Try to take your mind off it by watching some old comedies, nice hot drinks and a massive box of Dairy Milk choccies.
A big Floydy squeeze from me☺
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Hi

Viral infections affect the body's ability to produce certain chemicals which are essential for the brain to function properly.

Depression is the side effect of this.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:43 PM

I've got no better advice than what's already been given.
But I do wish you well soon.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=lovemyboys;1314000]I've got no better advice than what's already been given.
But I do wish you well soon.

Same here, Carol.
Just take it easy as much as you can, and it will pass when it's ready. I hope you feel well again soon.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:14 AM

Carol

you think your depressed, Na if I came to your place you would know what true depression is
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:16 AM

I think it must be some kind of flu. I have spent the entire New Year so far feeling ill & lifeless. My bones ache so much I'm spending a lot of time just lying down..

Thanks everybody for your kind words, advice & sympathy. Much appreciated.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I think it must be some kind of flu. I have spent the entire New Year so far feeling ill & lifeless. My bones ache so much I'm spending a lot of time just lying down..

Thanks everybody for your kind words, advice & sympathy. Much appreciated.
Carol - I've had much the same thing. Certainly a nasty virus before Christmas and now an overwhelming tiredness. I saw a pharmacist before Christmas who recommended Day nurse and Night nurse tablets (which really helped) and also fresh lemon juice with a little hot water, as often as you can.
Hope you feel better soon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:08 AM

My brother is feeling the same and hopes to go to the GP tomorrow. They have both suffered since the holiday, and he feels depressed, and can’t eat or drink. Just phoned to check how they are.

Get well soon, Carol.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 02:54 PM

Jazzi, doesn’t matter that a person cannot eat during illness or recovering so long as liquids are taken.
A course of a vitamin tonic might be what a GP would prescribe .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top