Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:20 PM

Anti Vaxxers killing Indonesian Children

Indonesia's been hit by a diphtheria outbreak that's infected hundreds and killed 44 people.

Atikah cries as she talks about her son Faris, who was killed by diphtheria. Faris was killed by an infectious disease, diphtheria, that was once a major problem in Australia and the UK but has all but disappeared, thanks to vaccinations.

Now, a vaccination campaign against diphtheria in Indonesia is being undermined by alternative health practitioners and a few hardline Muslim clerics who claim immunisations are un-Islamic.

One of their justifications is that vaccinations are developed using products from "haram" animals like pigs and dogs. Fortunately mainstream Indonesian clerics support vaccinations.

Obviously the problem of these Luddites with their looney views on things like vaccinations is not just a western phenomenon. Pity children have to die because of them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:16 PM

Re: Anti Vaxxers killing Indonesian Children

It's manslaughter at best what they are doing IMO

Everyone should have access to vaccinations.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:54 PM

That is dreadful. I can only hope that sensible parents donīt take any notice of those who are saying "donīt have the vaccination" and just go and get their children vaccinated.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 06:39 AM

Gosh I am surprised that the government doesn't jail this woman .
Or rather I'm not surprised as parts of Indonesia are very fundamentalist .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-1...mpaign/9325852

Back to the Middle Ages .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:16 AM

I can't remember which country it was where the polio vaccine was considered to be a government or western conspiracy to poison the population and people avoided it. It's the same as some faith groups refusing to let teenage girls in this country have the hpv vaccine which protects against cervical cancer.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:18 AM

What faith groups are these?

It's hardly the same .
The controversial hpv Vaccine is still not really proven .
Nor are there epidemics of cervical cancer .
The vaccine for diphtheria is a proven defence against a killer disease .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:02 AM

I don't think the hpv drug is proven to my mind that's a voluntary one, it's communicable diseases that we need herd immunity from everyone should have.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:12 AM

There's scientific proof that the majority of cervical cancer is linked to hpv infection at some point in life. Based on current research, protecting teens against HPV with a vaccine will protect them against certain types of cancer.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...hpv-and-cancer
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-01-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There's scientific proof that the majority of cervical cancer is linked to hpv infection at some point in life. Based on current research, protecting teens against HPV with a vaccine will protect them against certain types of cancer.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...hpv-and-cancer
It's still not a communicable disease though and there is some proof that not having sex early or not having lots of partners can have a huge impact. I'd rather encourage people to do that than insist they have the drug.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gosh I am surprised that the government doesn't jail this woman .
Or rather I'm not surprised as parts of Indonesia are very fundamentalist .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-1...mpaign/9325852

Back to the Middle Ages .
I would hazard a guess that this Dewi woman has a monetary interest in decrying vaccinations. I also notice she has already absolved herself from any blame should her treatments not work.

Dewi says God chooses who gets illnesses, but she also says that planes flying over spray viruses. So presumably God is responsible for that too !

A silly and dangerous woman.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top