Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:17 PM

Embarrassed, got caught out in car.

I went for a hospital appointment on Friday and ended up arriving way too early as a bit over anxious about the appointment, so decided to sit in car rather than in a germ infested hospital waiting room.
I tell you, those waiting rooms are full of bl**dy sick people you know.

To while away the time I turned the radio on to find The Archers program. Stopped to listen. Suddenly felt I was doing something wrong. I mean the Archers for crying out loud, a program that old people listen to, and follow. My street cred was going to drop dramatically, I would be shunned by my children and denounced to the authorities.
I actually pushed the mute sound button on the radio when the closing theme started to play so that no one would know I what I had been listening to. TRUE.

I admit that I enjoyed it really. It was like an old friend in the car with me.
When we were first married at 20 years old we had no TV and used to listen to the Archers on Sunday mornings while we had our breakfast. Some people scoff at Archers listeners.

I may try listening again. Are there any others on here who are fans, or are you frightened to come out of the milking parlour.😀
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Re: Embarrassed, got caught out in car.

Hi

I go everywhere by hospital transfer these days, so no choice in my listening.

It is quite enlightening.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:24 PM

The Archers and Mrs Dales Diary, great used to be on Sunday lunchtimes when we were kids at Home, I love it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 03:47 PM

My car cd player keeps spitting out cds so I've had to listen to the radio, there's a local station with a chap who's completely daft called Steve Yabsley, he makes me chuckle!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:10 PM

I remember "Beyond our Ken", "Round the Horn", "The Navy Lark" and on Saturday lunchtimes "The Jack Jackson Show".
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:20 PM

Monday, Your post made me laugh! We must protect our ‘street cred’ at all times! I hope you weren’t wearing ‘daft’ socks as well!

If anyone looked at the cd’s in my car, l would die of embarrassment.
I have lots of soul music, Tamla Motown, Northern Soul, some classical music and songs from the shows....but if anyone saw my Ken Dodd and Matt Munroe cd’s, l would blush profusely!

I wish, ‘The Huggets’ and Jimmy Clitheroe were still on the radio, l used to love listening to them on the radio when l was young!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:39 PM

Brilliant

I usually listen to lbc but got a big brexited out so started on y cd collection I've been listening to Alfie boe and Michael ball together again, belting out. It's quite funny the young drivers that wind down their windows and look to see what daft bat has it cranked up full in the traffic. Not quite iron maiden or whatever dance track they prefer
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Brilliant

I usually listen to lbc but got a big brexited out so started on y cd collection I've been listening to Alfie boe and Michael ball together again, belting out. It's quite funny the young drivers that wind down their windows and look to see what daft bat has it cranked up full in the traffic. Not quite iron maiden or whatever dance track they prefer

Be careful Julie darlin' - having radio turned up to maximum in a closed environment like your car, can damage your hearing permanently.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 05:06 PM

MC I am afraid my car radio doesn't work since I had a flat battery and failed to reset the code .

I am an Archers fan and not ashamed to Admit it, I find it reassuringly familiar in a chaotic world
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Be careful Julie darlin' - having radio turned up to maximum in a closed environment like your car, can damage your hearing permanently.
My hearing ain't good Uj, I damaged it in factories in my late teens. So I have to have it up quite loud to enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top