Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 11:41 PM

Re: I am taking a Mini Break

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I know you have ventilation, but doesn't it get overwhelmingly hot inside some evenings? Have you adapted or do you have a powerful fan?

What about showers? Is there always one available where you go
No I don't find it hot in the evening - once the sun goes down the temperature drops to reasonable levels and there is plenty of through ventilation and a roof van. The doors split into a screen door only.

I think acclimatisation is another factor - I did notice that when my brother was here the temperatures affected us differently. Personally anything up to 32C is fine for me and hardly raised a sweat whereas my brother found anything over 25 quite trying. BTW generally speaking humidity here is very low which makes a big difference too.

Actually I remember my first day in England (end of May) a few years ago I went out with him to take his dogs for a walk dressed in T shirt (same as him) and I had to stop after 10 minutes to go home because I was just so cold. In fact I found my Australian winter clothes perfect for that English summer - as I say a matter of acclimatisation.

Showers - I tend to stay in caravan parks where there are good facilities but you pay up to $30 a night of course. I have an ensuite tent where I can have a shower with a 12v pump if I am roughing it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 09:00 PM

Enjoy Bruce.
I hope you post about your trip - Please.
Surfermom
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 10:10 PM

It's interesting what you said about the evening temperatures and your adaptation; I have much the same situation here. We have slightly more temperate highs in the summer months, but the humidity is soaring. As a result of being outdoors so much, I find myself shivering in most restaurants. I suspect that the longer you are out, the less problematic the temperatures seem.

I am always interested in how people come up with outdoor showers. As much as I enjoy camping, a shower is mandaotry in my book, so I am always interested in the different ways in which people get creative in that regard.

Enjoy your trip and I'll keep an eye out on your blog.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top