Join for free
Reply
Page 153 of 170 « First < 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 > Last »
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 32,527
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-02-2018, 05:24 PM
1521

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I expect it's leading to a diagnosis of OCD - I first noticed it when he got the time wrong while he was giving evidence in court to support Bethany - he's gradually been getting worse ever since, poor lad.

It is very irritating to watch - even more difficult to live with, in real life.


Yes, and Yes to both comments in the last sentence Boot.
I guess they are aware they are doing it, are they?
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 35,629
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 03:07 PM
1522

Re: Coronation Street

Please note: Some posts have been moved to the "Corrie upcoming spoiler's page"...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...=12410&page=16

Please do not post spoilers in this thread.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Lion Queen
Senior Member
Lion Queen is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,504
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 10:50 PM
1523

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by carol ->
I wish he would lose her.
I can't stand her monotone voice!!


No matter what she's saying, her voice just drones on in the same tone...
I feel a bit mean but I really can't stand the character, as you say she is very monotone and I don't think she is a particularly good actress. Now her that plays Amy, well, she's another story, the evil little cow just like her mother
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 16,224
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-03-2018, 11:23 PM
1524

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I feel a bit mean but I really can't stand the character, as you say she is very monotone and I don't think she is a particularly good actress.
Aren't they portraying her as a quiet, rather unhappy little girl? I think such a person would tend to be quietly spoken and reticent.
Reply With Quote
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia,UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,805
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-03-2018, 04:31 PM
1525

Re: Coronation Street

Tribute to Manchester Arena bomb victims on extended set.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43376925

A brilliant idea.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 32,527
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-03-2018, 09:38 PM
1526

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Aren't they portraying her as a quiet, rather unhappy little girl? I think such a person would tend to be quietly spoken and reticent.

I must say I agree with you JBR, I thought she plays the part well to be honest.
I think a little girl who lost her father then had the life and worry she has now, would hardly be bouncing about full of joy like a normal youngster.
Reply With Quote
Lion Queen
Senior Member
Lion Queen is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,504
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-03-2018, 09:56 PM
1527

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Aren't they portraying her as a quiet, rather unhappy little girl? I think such a person would tend to be quietly spoken and reticent.
Perhaps, but I just don't like the character, then again there are a lot of characters I don't like when they first come into the show so I might feel differently later on but right now she makes me want to switch off. Coronation St isn't as light hearted as it used to be and I quite miss that actually, one reason I totally switched off from Eastenders is because it was all doom and gloom.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 16,224
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-03-2018, 10:09 PM
1528

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Perhaps, but I just don't like the character, then again there are a lot of characters I don't like when they first come into the show so I might feel differently later on but right now she makes me want to switch off. Coronation St isn't as light hearted as it used to be and I quite miss that actually, one reason I totally switched off from Eastenders is because it was all doom and gloom.
Yes, I think you're right. Even Sally, who was the butt of many jokes, has become all serious.

I believe that the humorous side of Coronation Street has been usurped by the PC content which, I think, entertains no-one except for a small minority.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 32,527
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-03-2018, 10:26 PM
1529

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Perhaps, but I just don't like the character, then again there are a lot of characters I don't like when they first come into the show so I might feel differently later on but right now she makes me want to switch off. Coronation St isn't as light hearted as it used to be and I quite miss that actually, one reason I totally switched off from Eastenders is because it was all doom and gloom.





Yep, I agree with the hi-lighted bit LQ.
Reply With Quote
Lion Queen
Senior Member
Lion Queen is offline
West Yorkshire
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,504
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-03-2018, 10:27 PM
1530

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[/B]



Yep, I agree with the hi-lighted bit LQ.
Glad we at least half agree hahaha
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 153 of 170 « First < 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.