Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 03:34 PM

Re: Anti-Alziemers Therapy

I always claim that the reason I play computer games so much, I mean, for a bit each day, is to stop my memory from deteriorating and, believe it or not, it does work!

That's my theory anyway and I'm sticking to it
Silver Jill
Earth
Silver Jill is female  Silver Jill has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2013, 08:35 PM

Hello Young Simmo and thank you for your reply to me here. I feel that no matter what emotional and physical problems we go through in this life, that we can often bounce back and that we in effect become stronger as human beings, after going through a lot in this life. I hope that you continue to carry on positively as you are doing now
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 03:24 PM

No way can you stop alzsheiimers but have to agree keeping that memory is more important than taxing the brain, have you considered your brain might already be full, and just can't take anymore.
I work with an Alzheimer's sufferer in my volunteer job, and talking about his past seems to have helped him more than trying to show him anything new, he was a regular soldier for many years and certainly kept himself ver busy, he is a very nice man, and I am hoping to get him into singing, that way he can pull the words from his memory, because it is memory that dies nothing at all to do with building his knowledge.
Young Simmo
Carnarvon West Aust
Young Simmo is male  Young Simmo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 01:59 AM

Yes Silver Jill, back in 1954 when I met my girl friend we use to think 18 would never come quick enough so we could get engaged. Blink, Blink and we are suddenly 73 and our sons are 52 and 50. What happened?
Silver Jill
Earth
Silver Jill is female  Silver Jill has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 09:02 PM

Hi Young Simmo ~ yes people say that once we reach 21 that the years go by very quickly, and yet we never realize just how quickly the time goes by!

Hi Wrinkly ~ a neighbour and friend of mine, her husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and he is 67 and I have offered to support them in any way that I can do. Your volunteer work with the gentleman sounds like a very rewarding way to help another human being

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top