Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 01:59 PM

Adverts

They are really starting to p me off these days. Not just the usual tripe on TV and radio but every bloody Youtube video, online newspapers (can't read more than six lines without a load of ads). Mrs LD was online trying to pay an electric bill yesterday and the payment page was flooded with bloody ads and offers.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 02:03 PM

Re: Adverts

Pay direct debit...avoid the ads!

But yeah, I know what you mean. And ad blockers these days aren't any use, because they don't let you use the site unless you allow the adverts
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Pay direct debit...avoid the ads!

But yeah, I know what you mean. And ad blockers these days aren't any use, because they don't let you use the site unless you allow the adverts
Yes, they seem to have worked that out unfortunately. I still use AdBlock as it's free, easy enough to turn on and off and the majority of websites can still be viewed without adverts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 02:06 PM

I agree about far too many ads, and they swamp everywhere.

On the telly it is mostly the same old ones over and over, done to death they are. I have to mute them now as most of them drive me nuts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 02:47 PM

The Daily Mail is impossible to read online, full of ads and that really annoying pop up video which you just cannot get rid of. I wonder what it will be like in 50 years time? We will probably have ads fed directly into our brain via bluetooth.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 02:59 PM

never seen an advert on newspapers, youtube or anywhere else but I got Total AV adblocker well worth the £19 per annum I pay
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The Daily Mail is impossible to read online, full of ads and that really annoying pop up video which you just cannot get rid of. I wonder what it will be like in 50 years time? We will probably have ads fed directly into our brain via bluetooth.
We use the free download AdBlocker Ultimate and can still read the DM on-line with no problems.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-04-2021, 04:01 PM

I think I need to reinstall adblocker on my new pc. The youtube ads are when I watch them on tv via Roku.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 06:03 PM

So right there! So many pop ups. Drives me mental.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 08:36 PM

I have AdBlock and AdBlock Plus, yet if I open a Daily Mail page online, there appears a message occupying the whole screen announcing that I'm using an ad blocker and that I must disable the ad blocker!

I try to remember to right-click the link and click 'open in incognito window'. It doesn't block the ads, but I will not be dictated to!

For that reason, I never usually read the DM.

Try the Express instead. Yes, there are adverts, but they don't take over the whole site and I just scroll past them. The Telegraph is the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top