Join for free
Page 11 of 26 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 10:14 AM

Re: Over 50s Dating

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
Ok, so if I understand, the dating site will be a site within a site, in other words OFF will also become a dating site ? Did I understand correctly ?

I am not against dating sites, I am single and have tried several, but I also know that if I am on a social site, that is what it is, social and discussions and if I would want a dating site, I would go to a dating site.

Personally, it could work if both are kept separate. If not, I am afraid you will need more moderators to moderate OFF, because as soon as OFF shows 'dating" when you google, it often will attract more spammers or scammers then you can handle You will also need moderators to moderate the dating site, because again there will be scammers and spammers.
Hi Butterfly, as Margoletta mentioned, no it won't be like that - they will be two separate sites, with each requiring you to register if you wish to join them (tho obviously you are already registered here)

The dating site is not going to be a forum either, it will be more along the lines of people setting up their profiles, deciding who can see what, then making their profile 'live' so other members can see them - then anyone who might be interested in chatting to someone else, can simply send them a message. People will be able to exchange photos and unlock other info as well on a person by person basis. At least that is my initial thoughts about it anyway

With regards to spammers and bots, we will have checks to weed out bots - such as email verifications and 'honey-traps'. Obviously it is more difficult to prevent human spammers joining up, but we'll have other checks in place and a reporting facility.

With regards to scammers, we will try to make it very clear that, if anyone ever contacts a member and asks for money or has a 'business deal' offer, then it's probable that they are trying to scam you. We'll link to lots of BBC news stories so members are wised up to it all.

There will also be a verification service, so any member will be able to restrict contact from only those who have verified their names and address (they won't need to make this public, but it'll just be used to show us they are more likely to be genuine).

Hope that helps explain what I had in mind.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why do we need a dating site, is it that important to put stuff in chronological order.
Yes
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 04:36 PM

My interpretation!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 04:43 PM

Funny & true in some instances but what does the initials mean?
I see AC there, is that about me?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 04:45 PM

Would like to meet .Own house and car.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Very good Twiz, I wondered what the initials stood for too
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

02-07-2014, 05:39 PM

You have to talk the talk if you're gonna walk the walk!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:52 PM

must have a GSOH
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:56 PM

Im in the market for a very rich tavern owning 100 + lady with a dodgy ticker. Looks not important, mind you she would probably outlast me anyway.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

02-07-2014, 06:00 PM

You could be lucky there Nom, must be lots out there! You may have to learn CPR though!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
You could be lucky there Nom, must be lots out there! You may have to learn CPR though!
Not what i had in mind Twiz, , im thinking more along the lines of BOO.

Must admit ive never done the dating sites, like to meet people when out and about no designs if something happened it would be an unexpected surprise.

Too set in my ways now, probably would not compromise, and thats not good for a relationship to flower.

Page 11 of 26 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top