Join for free
Page 48 of 50 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 02:52 PM

Re: Staying put.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You've done the right thing, this should move them(hopefully).

What did the ombudsman say when you rang? Assuming you did ring them.

Hi Tpin, they listened to everything I said, and then said they would send me a complaints form. The lady said she had already filled in part of it for me from what I was saying, and I was to complete it, sign it, and return it with copies (no originals) of everything I felt relevant to the case.

Luckily I kept the original survey from years ago, plus two later ones which all say different things, so I hope they will see the contradicting verdicts. I sent alot of other copies of my complaints and their replies.

I was a bit worried doing it all because I've never had to do anything like this before, so hope I've done it OK.
It took me nearly five hours yesterday reading through and photo copying paperwork, but it's all posted off now so I will wait and see what happens next.
I do hope they can help me, I'm so tired of this now.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 10:54 PM

I can imagine how you feel, really.

If the ombudsman finds fault they will put pressure on the insurance company.

The insurance company will also know you are willing to push on in order to get the correct verdict.

Keep yer chin up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 01:48 AM

Thanks Tpin. I'll let you know what happens.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups;853956
......I was a bit worried doing it all because I've never had to do anything like this before, so hope I've done it OK.
It took me nearly five hours yesterday reading through and photo copying paperwork, but it's all posted off now so I will wait and see what happens next.
[B
I do hope they can help me, I'm so tired of this now[/B].
Mups, I read all this thread through the other night...you poor b***a! I've absolutely no idea how you cope, I'd have cracked up by now.

I take my hat off to you (even though I don't wear one ) for coping so well and still keeping your sense of humour.
You can do it girl
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-03-2016, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Mups, I read all this thread through the other night...you poor b***a! I've absolutely no idea how you cope, I'd have cracked up by now.

I take my hat off to you (even though I don't wear one ) for coping so well and still keeping your sense of humour.
You can do it girl

Bless your heart Pesta. Thanks ever so much. x
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 01:50 PM

Any update?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-04-2016, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Any update?

Not much to report Tpin.

I had a letter from the ombudsman saying they had written to the insurers and informed them of my complaint. Apparently they now have 8 weeks to respond and tell me what they plan to do.
The insurers tried to phone me to discuss the case, but I wasn't happy about that and told him I would prefer to discuss everything by letter or e.mail. I thought I could not prove who said what from a phone call if I needed to later.
So far, I have not heard again.

Thank you for asking.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-06-2016, 10:16 AM

I can't find a smiley of a little garden gnome dancing, which is how I feel today.

I am tentatively optimistic after receiving a letter from the Ombudsman, and enclosing a copy of the letter he has written to the insurance company.

He agrees with me!!! It seems he thinks I have been treated unfairly and they have dragged everything on too long without coming to a suitable conclusion. He even suggested a small amount of compensation for the stress and worry this has caused me all the years since it began.
He has given them 7 days to respond, so I will await the next step.
I hope I haven't tempted fate telling you too soon . . . .

If this eventually turns out in my favour, I shall treat you all to a 'virtual' drink together.

Puppy is showing signs of improving, Nellie's milk has dried up - and now this.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 10:38 AM

Awww but i have lots of fun teasing you about Crumble Cottage, what am i going to do now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-06-2016, 10:47 AM

Say what you want Nommy dear, you can't rattle me today.

Page 48 of 50 « First < 38 46 47 48 49 50 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top