Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 11:51 AM

Re: Farage says Barnier is offering NOTHING to UK

We should have been planning for all eventualities from before the referendum. It's that which has caused a lot of problems. Making remainers think it unthinkable they might lose hasn't helped at all. I think most of us thought we'd be staying in and were flabbergasted at the win. If they had prepared us all for both stay and leave I think it might not have ended as if has by driving some remainers mad.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I rather think you misunderstand my point JBR.
I understood your point completely. Our politicians are incompetent, but I still wouldn't trust the EU.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
you will need a jcb soon,cause the hole your digging is getting deeper
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A "very small majority"? 53% of the people who voted. For your edification, that's a majority and that's how democracy works.

Perhaps I should say this again, as some people are a little 'hard of understanding'.

A majority in the referendum demanded that we leave the EU; a minority wanted us to remain and an even smaller minority appeared not to be bothered either way.

Another illogical stance on the part of the remainiacs is to suggest that this latter group would have supported their wish to remain.

But they didn't, did they?
In my Union days, if there was a call for industrial action against an employer, a meeting was convened and any action (or not) would be decided by a show of hands. Some votes were too close to call but those that lost the vote didn't whinge and whine like they do now, they accepted the vote and got on with it.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
in my union days, if there was a call for industrial action against an employer, a meeting was convened and any action (or not) would be decided by a show of hands. Some votes were too close to call but those that lost the vote didn't whinge and whine like they do now, they accepted the vote and got on with it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
In my Union days, if there was a call for industrial action against an employer, a meeting was convened and any action (or not) would be decided by a show of hands. Some votes were too close to call but those that lost the vote didn't whinge and whine like they do now, they accepted the vote and got on with it.
Hi

Exactly Julie.

I was exempt from Union Action due to the nature of my job.

I did however always donate my wages and car allowances to the Unions Widows and Orphans Fund.

It did seem the best way to me.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
... and so it came to pass that we have a Conservative government.

For one wild moment of fanciful abandon I thought you were going to work it out and get there .. but alas, it was not meant to be, poor Yorick, we know her so well ... the court jester exhumed again.
Oh and it’s back with it’s personal insults, ah well, par for the course for a forum goddess I suppose.

We have a coalition government with an opposition to represent those who voted against them, who have power to influence and vote against the Government. That’s how our democracy works. Why isn’t there the same for those who voted Remain.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A "very small majority"? 53% of the people who voted. For your edification, that's a majority and that's how democracy works.

Perhaps I should say this again, as some people are a little 'hard of understanding'.

A majority in the referendum demanded that we leave the EU; a minority wanted us to remain and an even smaller minority appeared not to be bothered either way.

Another illogical stance on the part of the remainiacs is to suggest that this latter group would have supported their wish to remain.

But they didn't, did they?
But Saint Nigel said if it had gone the other way he would have fought for a second referendum, so why shouldn’t the Remainers? You’re not contradicting Saint Nigel, are you?

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Oh and it’s back with it’s personal insults, ah well, par for the course for a forum goddess I suppose.

We have a coalition government with an opposition to represent those who voted against them, who have power to influence and vote against the Government. That’s how our democracy works. Why isn’t there the same for those who voted Remain.

Yes .... it did reply to your post.

Possibly because it can't understand how some can still be moaning about a democratic vote that occurred back in June 2016.

As time goes on they look more and more like a commuter who missed their train, except they're refusing to move on, adapt to change .. and they're still standing waiting on the railway platform looking down the track.

I'm sure if the vote had gone the other way with a small majority by the Remainers they'd be hollering from the rooftops ..... it was a democratic vote, and expect silence.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->

Hi

Morti is not a Forum Goddess, just a normal person who accepts the results of a democratic vote.

She did not vote, but has the intelligence and grace to accept the result of those who did.

We are a Democracy, we voted to leave, so out we go.

I will use my vote in the next Election, I will be very upset if Corbyn gets in, I will accept it though.

That is Democracy.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top