Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Re: Has the sun got to your head yet?

I love the luxurious feeling of walking outside in the sultry heat and it's like being on holiday in a hot country.

But on the downside the noise isn't much fun, yet another noisy barbeque today. Many of those who don't have air con drive like they are half asleep. So you have to be really careful on the roads. People just walk in front of the car in this heat. It's not like I've been driving any long distances.

I'm unhappy about the garden. The lawn is going white in places, you have to really keep on top of the watering of veg. As Mups said the insect bites are awful. The bugs have multiplied and there was a terrible fly invasion in the kitchen this afternoon.

The fridge is packed with things we would never normally keep in there such as potatoes and oranges. How did people manage in hot countries before they invented refrigerators?! The freezer is suddenly such a blessing. I've given up on the annoying disposable bag ice things and bought some real ice cube trays this year.

But yes maybe it's doing things to our brains. Yesterday I put the bacon into a drawer instead of the fridge and I almost poured coffee into the glass for juice. It all makes you a bit sleepy and relaxed.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:30 PM

I have a Big Hat, bring it on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I love the luxurious feeling of walking outside in the sultry heat and it's like being on holiday in a hot country.

But on the downside the noise isn't much fun, yet another noisy barbeque today. Many of those who don't have air con drive like they are half asleep. So you have to be really careful on the roads. People just walk in front of the car in this heat. It's not like I've been driving any long distances.

I'm unhappy about the garden. The lawn is going white in places, you have to really keep on top of the watering of veg. As Mups said the insect bites are awful. The bugs have multiplied and there was a terrible fly invasion in the kitchen this afternoon.

The fridge is packed with things we would never normally keep in there such as potatoes and oranges. How did people manage in hot countries before they invented refrigerators?! The freezer is suddenly such a blessing. I've given up on the annoying disposable bag ice things and bought some real ice cube trays this year.

But yes maybe it's doing things to our brains. Yesterday I put the bacon into a drawer instead of the fridge and I almost poured coffee into the glass for juice. It all makes you a bit sleepy and relaxed.

I can understand that Annie

A couple of days ago I made myself a cup of tea AND coffee all in the same cup. It was revolting.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
It went to my head early having lived in California, Florida, and Hawaii for most of my life.

Definitely explains a lot.

Living in The Land of Tourists, I have a front row seat to some very funny events including:

The wearing of swimwear three sizes too small
Driving a boat smack over a jetty to "take a shortcut"
Getting a sailboat stuck onshore "because I forgot that the ocean has tides"
Men carrying intoxicated women over their shoulders out of bars
Women carrying intoxicated men over their shoulders leaving bars
People passing out from running at noon
Lobster-red sunburns
Karaoke (no you can't carry a tune)
Naked women hanging over balcony railings
Losing children
Losing dogs
Losing husbands
Luggage, beach toys, beach chairs, coolers, flying off the top and backs of vehicles
Arriving to discover you have come to the wrong beach town
Getting stuck in the sand and then gunning the accelerator in a desperate attempt to get loose.

It's the sun, alright .
Fabulous, Surfermom. But so true
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 09:15 AM

It did one year, it was a beautiful day without a cloud in the sky, spent the whole day staring up at planes in the cloudless sky at the Sunderland Air Show, without any sun cream whatsoever. The slight sensation that my head was on fire when driving home made me realise I had made a mistake The following two weeks my head was basically a bright red beacon and it did not go unnoticed amongst my work mates
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 01:12 PM

No, because it's been very warm here but cloudy. Very oppressive when you are indoors without good ventilation or a fan.

For instance, yesterday I was moved from a quiet single room in hospital which was cool into a 4 man bay which was hot and barely tolerable.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top