Join for free
Page 410 of 1676 « First < 310 360 400 408 409 410 411 412 420 460 510 910 1410 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 12:44 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I was listening to a program on the radio the other day – a little known Australian astrologer being interviewed by a excitable schoolboy interviewer who I imagine was almost falling off his chair with excitement – you can see where this is going or not going as the case may be. I am doing a Pugsy here so don’t rush me. Is was lets travel through OUR universe – the milky way [wot a stupid name] planet by planet till we run out of universes and other planets. Well earth was never discussed of course [too simple] we know something about the Moon and Mars through our probs [and there are a few around here that could do with a good prob!!]
So then it continued –planet by planet to the end of the milky way [which by this time was sour] this nerd of an astrologer describes what he considered was the make up of each planet in detail and the interviewer by this time was ecstatic and nearly falling off his chair [I imagine!]
It was of course all effin guess work – perhaps enough to satisfy an uniformed school boy but not old gumbud – oh NO!
And wot was really telling was at NO time was there any discussion about earth itself – the only known planet in our solar system and secondly no discussion about where all the amazing flora and forna came from and even more so where humans came from [NO they did not crawl out of the sea!]
So wot this nerd was disclosing to my mind was that within his limited knowledge as an astronomer [qualified and teaching at uni] this huge cosmos or part of with a collection of a dozen or so planet only has one with known inhabitants called humans and with all the substances to provide food and water – rain; sun winds etc. all others where deemed uninhabited possible for ever!
Beware of astrologers and astronomers in sheeps clothings is wot I say

NB: oh yes they can tell us wot is out there [well a little bit] but not why the rest is all guesswork and believe me if there were ever a group of so called scientists that continue to proffer their theories and conclusions as absolute GOSPEL [had to get that one in!] it is them wot does it!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
POOR

I was born on the Common just after the War
Stop me any time if you've heard this before.
We were so poor suffering many a hitch
we were SO poor that I was born in a ditch

It was full up with water and that's the truth
No walls no doors no windows, no roof
The kids of today have no reason to cry
Our Sunday lunch was creamed soup of flies.

If the ditch got cold dad would suck a mint
And we'd gather round, warm our hands
WE only had to give him the hint
he was the best dad in all the land

When I got older we moved into a puddle
It was quite a considerable improvement
Oft times, we'd laugh and get in a muddle
especially when there was any movement

© Robert Junior
very nice RJ just wot we needed after Xmas a jaunt on the common - reminds me of the TV series Ripping Yarns - we were all born in a shoe box!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 07:53 AM

Ok Gummy, just answer this one simple question, this Standard Theory reckons the Big Bang happened some 13 billion odd years ago, but, the centre of the Earth is still molten, how is this?
I can understand why Wiltshire is Moulton.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
see wot I mean Xmas [false xmas] takes everyone to such a false high - hi dee ho - that coming down is hard to do - I think I could get a song out of this somehow. so everyone has a bloody good scrap and then NY eve straightens it all out again and then another scrap and so and and so forth - and oh there is no mention of bloody barley loafs in the after mentioned tomes!
It depends on which version of said book you use. The one we had to read out in RE definitely mentioned the loaves were of the barley variety.

I was listening to a program on the radio the other day – a little known Australian astrologer being interviewed by a excitable schoolboy interviewer who I imagine was almost falling off his chair with excitement – you can see where this is going or not going as the case may be. I am doing a Pugsy here so don’t rush me. Is was lets travel through OUR universe – the milky way [wot a stupid name] planet by planet till we run out of universes and other planets. Well earth was never discussed of course [too simple] we know something about the Moon and Mars through our probs [and there are a few around here that could do with a good prob!!]
So then it continued –planet by planet to the end of the milky way [which by this time was sour] this nerd of an astrologer describes what he considered was the make up of each planet in detail and the interviewer by this time was ecstatic and nearly falling off his chair [I imagine!]
It was of course all effin guess work – perhaps enough to satisfy an uniformed school boy but not old gumbud – oh NO!
And wot was really telling was at NO time was there any discussion about earth itself – the only known planet in our solar system and secondly no discussion about where all the amazing flora and forna came from and even more so where humans came from [NO they did not crawl out of the sea!]
So wot this nerd was disclosing to my mind was that within his limited knowledge as an astronomer [qualified and teaching at uni] this huge cosmos or part of with a collection of a dozen or so planet only has one with known inhabitants called humans and with all the substances to provide food and water – rain; sun winds etc. all others where deemed uninhabited possible for ever!
Beware of astrologers and astronomers in sheeps clothings is wot I say

NB: oh yes they can tell us wot is out there [well a little bit] but not why the rest is all guesswork and believe me if there were ever a group of so called scientists that continue to proffer their theories and conclusions as absolute GOSPEL [had to get that one in!] it is them wot does it!
There were lots of Gospels and they were all different, some of them never even made it into the bible. There are also lots of theories about the puniverse.
None of them offer actual proof of anything.

I'm quite sure Terry Pratchett was right with his theory that there is a world that is a flat disc, riding through the universe on the back of a giant turtle supported by four hephalumps.

very nice RJ just wot we needed after Xmas a jaunt on the common - reminds me of the TV series Ripping Yarns - we were all born in a shoe box!
Luxury!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ok Gummy, just answer this one simple question, this Standard Theory reckons the Big Bang happened some 13 billion odd years ago, but, the centre of the Earth is still molten, how is this?
On yer bike.

I'm more interested in why a baked Alaska pudding can be cooked int th'oven and not melt the ice cream.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
cos the sun keeps shining??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-12-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
On yer bike.

I'm more interested in why a baked Alaska pudding can be cooked int th'oven and not melt the ice cream.
where is bloody Pugsy just when wez needs im - probably chasing around looking for the cats and fightin with the missus?

well it's boilin in the Bahamas and arctic in Alaska ? see innit!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 02:44 PM

Wait till you mature folks hear this, my grandson got a part time job over the holidays in a big department shop in town, he’s a student but wanted a few extra bob for a European holiday he’s going on in the Summer.
I asked him were there many security men working in the shop, he was stunned “We don’t call them security men grandad, they are our loss prevention officers”
Well that told me, but I couldn’t help laughing, loss prevention officers how are ye. Can you imagine a tough customer in a big shop going berserk and smashing up the china dept., what to do? why just call loss prevention let them sort it out for you.
I was going to ask him what they called the tea boy nowadays but decided against it.
Next time I visit the barber I will address him as a hair prevention officer, well when you think about that’s exactly what he does, prevents your hair from getting too long.
One good thing about the big age gap, it’s always good for a laugh.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

29-12-2017, 03:02 PM

where is bloody Pugsy just when wez needs im - probably chasing around looking for the cats and fightin with the missus?

well it's boilin in the Bahamas and arctic in Alaska ? see innit!
Well Jem I am surprised you have changed from the Euro to the good old bob or two. When did that happen? I've not seen it on the nudes.

As for renaming things, every organisation now has a department for doing just that.

Hospitals have customers, not patients.

Traffic Wardens are now CEOs (Civil Enforcement Ossifers.)

You don't go shopping anymore, you have a retail transfer experience.

People aren't clock watchers any more, they are horological observationists.

I tell youse, it will all end in neuronal lacrimal gland secretions

As for you solution to the question about baked hot and cold congruent goods, it is as good as any other postulation.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 04:10 PM

Just popping in to say Hi Guys.
Too much to read today - I will look tomorrow.
I am having an all-day party at the Candy Bar.
You are all invited, but I must warn you - It WILL be rather naughty.

Page 410 of 1676 « First < 310 360 400 408 409 410 411 412 420 460 510 910 1410 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top