Join for free
Page 560 of 1676 « First < 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 570 610 660 1060 1560 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 02:46 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

On this here moon landing controversy, well some brag about what they have or haven't done done and thankfully some keep quiet...very, very quiet .

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 06:10 PM

I haven't missed anything then while I've been away with Spitfire, other than Solo excellent appraisal of Gregory Peck.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I haven't missed anything then while I've been away with Spitfire, other than Solo excellent appraisal of Gregory Peck.
One can only work with interesting scribbles Robert for which I always thank you for .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 09:19 PM

Well them wos me thoughts on the moon and I always speak me mind Gummy, mad I my be but an honest madman surely, time tells all, sorry I won’t call you shirley again.
Nothing wrong with Irishmen going to the moon Solo, it’s only natural seeing that Adam and Eve were Irish, when he saw her first he said “O’Hare!” and she said back “O’Toole!”
I’ll be trotting off now with my dearly beloved wife and three of her sisters for a pint or two, blessed art thou amongst women as the wife says by way of consolation when I’m burdened with the lot of them. We have music tonight in the local, the Hills family, comprising of a fiddler, a guitar, a banjo, and flute player, they call themselves “The Hills of Clare” I believe they are very good, looking forward to hearing them, see yis all tomorrow.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 07:05 AM

Just read back, Pugsy, you need to stop meddling with your equipment, just accept it. The trouble with puter stuff is, it's a bit Human, it goes up the wall from time to time, you send it to an exspert to change this and that, and reformat the other, with the final assurance "it's clean", but from the first press of the power button, you sense something is not as it was, see, just resist the impulses, and get on with it.
solo
UK

29-03-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Nothing wrong with Irishmen going to the moon Solo, it’s only natural seeing that Adam and Eve were Irish, when he saw her first he said “O’Hare!” and she said back “O’Toole!”
Indeed not Jem. Sometime you read something which catches the ole funny bone unexpected like and this was one of those times which made you burst out laughing. Ta for that.

Whilst talking of Adam and Eve there seems to be a craze for Baring all at the moment despite the bitter cold. Men and women are stripping off willy nilly on TV (with repeats of course) and a nudist beach is opening at Hawks Cliff in Dalkey nr Dublin.

There will be some spinning in their graves over that one.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 01:38 PM

Of course men landed successfully on the moon. Have you never seen the documentary called Mouse on the Moon?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057328/
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just read back, Pugsy, you need to stop meddling with your equipment, just accept it. The trouble with puter stuff is, it's a bit Human, it goes up the wall from time to time, you send it to an exspert to change this and that, and reformat the other, with the final assurance "it's clean", but from the first press of the power button, you sense something is not as it was, see, just resist the impulses, and get on with it.
thank god someone else is giving him some sound advice - now pugsy weZ know the way of the world and how to fix puters - you are trying to build a feckin battleship!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 08:49 PM

I’d say there’ll be some quare sights to be seen in Dalkey come the warm weather Solo, maybe they should change the name of Hawks Cliff to Wrinkly Bottoms.
I used to take the wife out to Dalkey in the 60’s before we were married, nice friendly place back then, too many fat cats living there now.
Portmarnock was a good place to have a dip, but although Phyllis had bought a new bikini I could never coax her to get into it, she would just sit on the beach and I’d have to go swimming on me own, very shy the girls were back then.

I remember that film Fruity, good laugh. Bernard Cribbins was in it, we had a barman in the local back in the seventies and he never stopped talking about his first cousin-Bernard Cribbins, now don’t take me up wrong I love Cribbins in films, but you’d think he was a multi oscar winner the way this fella boasted about him being his cousin.
You never hear me saying, nor you never will, that Bono is my first cousin, not a lot of people know that, thank God.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 10:55 PM

funny name that Jem for an Oirish man ;Bono - how many other cousins have you with doggy names? and what about his mate Sir Bob get em off Geldoph - now there's a funny name for an Oirish mon. I watched a doco recently about him moanin and groanin about all the traumas in his life and him just a poor man tryin to help all those children in Africa.

He prevented his former wife Paula from takin the kids to OZ for xmas to meet up with her new lover - lead singer of INXS - MIchael Hutchence - another pathos figured man. this resulted indirectly in his death as it was claimed he was attempting to have a sexual relationship with Paula who wasn't there by hangin himself on the back of the hotel room door and having an auto- erotic experience. His father lived just around the corner by the bye but he couldn't be bothered spending xmas with him so died in a hotel room - poor bastard! - following that Paula killed herself with drugs and grandpop Bob was left lookin after all the kids - which is probably what he wanted in the first place! what comes round goes round heh?

nb: spittie ; pugsie - some comments on geldophs guitar playin skills may be useful here?

Page 560 of 1676 « First < 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 570 610 660 1060 1560 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top