Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 11:26 PM

A perfect Christmas day!

I have just come home from spending the most lovely day with friends. No TV, mobile phones or computers. Just good food, lively conversation, excellent company and lots of laughter.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 11:29 PM

Re: A perfect Christmas day!

Sounds perfect ST
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:42 AM

Who did the cooking ST?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have just come home from spending the most lovely day with friends. No TV, mobile phones or computers. Just good food, lively conversation, excellent company and lots of laughter.
What an odd day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How did you order the pizzas?

Aw!, Glad you had a lovely day ST.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Who did the cooking ST?
My friend's husband cooked most of it and it was delicious. She did the Christmas pudding, then her father in law and I did the washing up - bit of a cheat really as most of it went in the dish washer. We just had cutlery, pans and glasses. After that FinL had a little snooze while the rest of us went out for a long walk by the river. It was sunny and mild though rather windy.

Oh - just remembered - we did put the TV on for a while - FinL wanted to watch the 'Strictly' Christmas show while we prepared a light tea/supper, but it went off again after that.

I took a taxi home and was pleasantly surprised by how reasonable the fare was - they charge fare plus a half over Christmas but then they deduct 5% for the over 60s - it was a 5 mile journey and cost just £17.

It was a lovely, lovely day.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top