Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 06:27 PM

Re: Selling your House.

I hate buying houses .
I always end up in a bidding war which I never seem to win .
In fact the whole idea of houses makes me fall into depression .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 06:43 PM

If you have a good Estate Agent they should be checking your buyers financial status. If they say they are cash buyers that should be checked. There are questions you should also ask for instance do they need a mortgage or is that already in place and is their house sold if so is it in a chain?... unless they are in a very strong position leave your house on the market.

I love getting houses ready for sale and seeing the sale through I think I should have been an estate agent
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 06:56 PM

Swimmy, lt sounds like history is repeating itself. Didn’t the same thing happen a few years ago when you tried to sell your house?
I hope, it’s not the same man that was interested in your house then.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:57 PM

My buyer was good. She waited 4+ months for me to find somewhere. Kept reassuring me everything was fine, she'd wait. Kept coming round for tea and excited 'look arounds', measuring stuff etc. Then when I finally found one, she started playing silly buggers.

The property I wanted went belly up for me when I found out it's likely a housing estate will be built on the lovely field opposite, which was part of attraction for me. Bah humbug.

Bugger this I thought. I don't need it. I'm staying put. Better the devil I know.

The annoying thing, I would've had 20 grand in my back pocket which would have made my life a tad easier. Plus I feel peeved about having to pay an over inflated fee for a small amount of work done by the solicitor. I did more work than he did. I should charge him

The market is too stupid now. It just seems to be a game somehow. Over inflated prices on silly properties and over the top fees. For me, everything seems to have something I'd have to 'put up' with. In other words nothing is ideal for me that's worth the hassle.

So I decided to stay put.

Well I'm almost sure I am.... I think....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 10:01 PM

Better keep the phone number of the lady who was hoping to have yours then?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 10:11 PM

Nah. She started being a tad... erm, can't quite described her... stressed/over emotional? sad? Changed.

Although she didn't have to sell her house to move here (she was moving here then putting her house up) .... I think the whole process became a reality and her emotions and life were back at that house.

Can't describe it properly, but hopefully you might understand what I mean.

In a nutshell, I suppose she felt stressed about the reality of it all. Perhaps I did her a favour by saying I was stopping put, I dunno ...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 10:14 PM

Isn't she the lady who wanted to move to be near her sister?

Perhaps when push came to shove she realised she'd built her own snug nest in her own current home and felt torn about leaving?
I imagine you feel a little the same if you've chosen to stay put .... maybe.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

01-05-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Isn't she the lady who wanted to move to be near her sister?

Perhaps when push came to shove she realised she'd built her own snug nest in her own current home and felt torn about leaving?
I imagine you feel a little the same if you've chosen to stay put .... maybe.

Yes, her sister is round the corner.

Yes, I thought that about 'torn about leaving' her house.
Apparently she lost her husband (or partner) a few years ago, so maybe she doesn't want to contemplate not being 'around him'.

My feelings are mixed about this place. It's quiet, which I like.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 12:11 AM

When I viewed this house and decided I wanted it I offered full market price to take it off the market but be prepared to wait for me as I had to arrange two house sales. The vendor came back at me he would, for a 10K deposit, so I went back to him with a completion date for 12 weeks

All fine

So I had the joys of getting two houses packed up ( 70 miles apart) and sold and completed on within 12 weeks, three lots of solicitors, three estate agents , arrange storage and ferries and over night stays and all the crap that goes with long distance moves

And the vendor decides to do a bunk with his fancy woman leaving the wife deciding she wasn't selling three weeks before agreed completion date

I lost two stone and the estate agent and solicitor here had an awful lot of running around tracking their client to get him to sign the paper work

Still we got there in the end and we completed on the agreed date.

The most stressful experience of my life. I remember now getting on the ferry and bursting into tears and sobbing uncontrollably as it was finally all over - I had the call that completion had taken place

Then we rocked up to a freezing cold house, oil had been drained and there was 6 inches of snow and it was snowing hard. All we had was a blow up mattress and a duvet till our furniture arrived the following day lol
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 09:46 AM

So mean to drain the heating oil in that weather! People can be so miserly.

A pal of mine who is a bit of a crackpot but she has a heart of gold left a selection of nice matching cosmetics in her bathroom for the new owners to enjoy and a welcome to your new home note., She moved to a smaller house just up the road anyway next morning she found a carrier bag outside her front door containing her little gifts and a note saying we don't want these! Mean old tosspots!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top