Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Re: Selling your House.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I only have to think about selling a house and feel ill at the prospect .
My last experience of house buying was a complete nightmare because I was in a 'chain' . The owner of the house we were buying pulled out the day we were due to exchange contracts because of interest rate rises .
Having sold our little house in Somerset I didn't want to halt the whole process so bought this house because it had been empty for some time intending to use it as the temporary measure but due to circumstances I got stuck here.

I would like to move to a smaller house or bungalow but there is nothing comparable to this for location in my price range and the prospect of selling and buying is daunting.

A house similar to mine in the village but not in such a good position with my lovely views has just sold after going on the market 2 weeks ago. Property is selling fast around here.
Meg, l only have to think of what’s in my loft and garage and l have a relapse!

My cousin called in the other day and said, ‘Why don’t you sell up and go and live in the town’.
The very thought, filled me with dread, so much to clear and pack.
Then the thought of maybe, having noisy neighbours and no parking convinced me, l was best to stay put!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Swimmy, Can your house be seen on Rightmove or a similar site?
If it is, it could give your property more coverage...... you never know but one of the members or anyone looking in, might be interested in buying it!

I looked for property in your area and there’s a nice bungalow for sale at a reasonable price! It has four bedrooms so you could get at least three lodgers in!
Hi

I have posted photos of my house before on the site Art.

It is a big 4 bed with a dressing room and ensuite and a huge conservatory.

Houses here are dirt cheap.

This is the one I was hoping to buy.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-52946424.html

Nice, small, next to the town centre, park with fishing across the road.

Easy fix for an extension.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:54 AM

A few years ago I thought I'd move closer to my kids they live on a nice estate about 10 yrs old . I viewed a couple of modern mid terraced and concerned about neighbour noise level I knocked on the adjoining walls and they were plasterboard ! The mid terrace I live in had brick walls and although neighbour noise can be heard it's quite minimal unless of course abused with parties etc of which there are few . I didn't move house in the end .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You’ll need that paint money to redecorate that house and a bit more to change the kitchen.... unless you like white kitchens?
It is cheap! What’s the catch? Or isn’t it ...Location, Location?

Edited to say.. Whoops, the details state that it’s a new kitchen!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 10:58 AM

You’ll need that paint money to redecorate that house and a bit more to change the kitchen.... unless you like white kitchens?
I like a white kitchen and everywhere else white too, it is easy to keep touched in with paint.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-05-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I like a white kitchen and everywhere else white too, it is easy to keep touched in with paint.
Tara, White is too clinical for me and it must be a bind to keep white kitchens clean!
The only white l like in the house are the ceilings and the coving!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Tara, White is too clinical for me and it must be a bind to keep white kitchens clean!
The only white l like in the house are the ceilings and the coving!
I do what is easy, especially as I am the one who has to touch in the paintwork. I am glad our en suite, bathroom and cloakroom are tiled from floor to ceiling.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I notice on the house history it has no previous sale stats.
The current owners must have been in it since about 1995 ... always worth looking in case it's a jinxed property or one where people frequently move on.

I was looking at one in Holyhead last week on rightmove. A good price, 2 bed bungalow. Rather bijou. I jumped into streetview to go and reccy out the area and drive around in my google car (I love doing that) .. only to find it had been the old village public loos. I kid you not. It put me off a bit.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Edited to say.. Whoops, the details state that it’s a new kitchen!
Any updating or refurbishment, especially by builders, tends to be a white kitchen now. Or a neutral light grey or black. Must be the 'in thing'.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-05-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I notice on the house history it has no previous sale stats.
The current owners must have been in it since about 1995 ... always worth looking in case it's a jinxed property or one where people frequently move on..
Morti, l thought, it may have been rented before and then bought under the ‘right to buy’?
Hence, no previous sales history.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top