Join for free
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Re: Benefits Britain!

I think something has been lost in translation..... I said "not necessarily for ever or to the same level as if we were fit and in work. " By this I meant to convey that help should be available , but only for as long as necessary. I don't mean to include those with long term needs.
To what level? If a person was earning the UK average of £26,500 pa, would you expect the state to maintain that level?

But this all gets away a bit from pensions for which we pay and in return we are promised a regular income after state retirement age. And then the govt. has the nerve to grab 20% back again! Perhaps state pensions should be seperated from the general N.I. pot.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
No its not it was a fact, but if i said all scotsman were the same that would be a generalisation.
Its not a personal attack Myra ,im offering an alternative view based on personal experience , the ongoing hate against us on benefits will cost me my life, as it has to so many before.
Nom, I personally have no hatred of anyone receiving benefits. I'm not that kind of person. Some of my family are on benefits for various reasons. I had never grudged anyone on benefits until I was living in the same building as a junkie on benefits. He led the life of reilly. Had absolutely no intention of working. Had the tv on all day, blaring. Constantly had takeaways delivered. Had a drinking den in his bedroom, whilst his poor dog had to sit amongst the drinkers. He kept offering people to buy the dog. It sickened me to the stomach. That's when I changed towards people such as him. He was a fly as a jailer. Got his grass cut by the council. He was in his 30's. As fit as a fiddle when you saw him walking along the street with his cronies.

He is completely different from anyone who wants to work but can't be are physically or mentally ill, who are of pensionable age and receive state pension, who are desperately trying to get a job but are finding it impossible. That is completely different from the person above who I have described. The benefits were wasted on him.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 02:22 PM

Not once on my post have I attack genuine people whom on benefit , but thoses whom cheat the system , as I said many times I personal know more cheating than the ones that are genuine , no ones attack geniune folk on benefits

Seriously must read post and dont presume always
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's where I think you are wrong - we should be giving disabled people the same as they would get if they were employed - why should someone just because they can't work have to live some sort of twilight life, we should look after them they are humans too.
Yes, they deserve the same quality of life as anyone else. There but by the grace of God go we. Being financially secure would surely enhance their life?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

23-03-2015, 03:02 PM

I'm just sorry now that I didn't report my neighbour. I was in a bad place at the time and didn't want my front door kicked in. He got away with murder from the benefits system - and I can assure you that I am not jealous.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I think something has been lost in translation..... I said "not necessarily for ever or to the same level as if we were fit and in work. " By this I meant to convey that help should be available , but only for as long as necessary. I don't mean to include those with long term needs.
To what level? If a person was earning the UK average of £26,500 pa, would you expect the state to maintain that level?

But this all gets away a bit from pensions for which we pay and in return we are promised a regular income after state retirement age. And then the govt. has the nerve to grab 20% back again! Perhaps state pensions should be seperated from the general N.I. pot.
I think it's not beyond possible disabled people should get somewhere around that figure, I believe very strongly they are disabled by their bodies or minds they should also be disabled financially by society.
I do think pensions should be removed from discussions on benefits as they are by far biggest part of the pot and when people look at the figures they assume it's all scroungers and layabouts claiming unemployment. (not how I see unemployed but how they are spoken of these days).
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2015, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Nom, I personally have no hatred of anyone receiving benefits. I'm not that kind of person. Some of my family are on benefits for various reasons. I had never grudged anyone on benefits until I was living in the same building as a junkie on benefits. He led the life of reilly. Had absolutely no intention of working. Had the tv on all day, blaring. Constantly had takeaways delivered. Had a drinking den in his bedroom, whilst his poor dog had to sit amongst the drinkers. He kept offering people to buy the dog. It sickened me to the stomach. That's when I changed towards people such as him. He was a fly as a jailer. Got his grass cut by the council. He was in his 30's. As fit as a fiddle when you saw him walking along the street with his cronies.

He is completely different from anyone who wants to work but can't be are physically or mentally ill, who are of pensionable age and receive state pension, who are desperately trying to get a job but are finding it impossible. That is completely different from the person above who I have described. The benefits were wasted on him.
My argument with you has nothing to do with our differing opinions,but with the fact you snipped a tiny bit of my post and essentially twisted it out of context, i was in fact using a personal experience i had to show ridiculous it is to demonise all on the basis of the actions of a few,i assure you they were everything i said. I dont LIE and i hate the stereotyping that is going on today.

I wont post further on this subject.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

23-03-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
My argument with you has nothing to do with our differing opinions,but with the fact you snipped a tiny bit of my post and essentially twisted it out of context, i was in fact using a personal experience i had to show ridiculous it is to demonise all on the basis of the actions of a few,i assure you they were everything i said. I dont LIE and i hate the stereotyping that is going on today.

I wont post further on this subject.
But you did say those words. I didn't make it up. Not snipping it and adding some more looked even worse imo.

No, I don't lie either. What you said was insulting.

Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top